Information about Rebamipide
Rebamipide is used in the treatment of intestinal ulcers and stomach ulcers.
How rebamipide works
Rebamipide increases the synthesis of prostaglandin, a chemical messenger which improves healing of the ulcer.
Common side effects of rebamipide
Altered taste, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Rebamipide
- ₹273Akumentis Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹52Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹249Akumentis Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹197Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Rebamipide
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to get pregnant while taking this medicine. The Rebamipide may cause miscarriage if taken during pregnancy.
- It is also important to avoid pregnancy for at least one month or through one menstrual cycle after you stop taking the Rebamipide.
- The Rebamipide should be taken during the entire period you're using NSAIDs (anti-inflammatory and analgesic drug) since it lowers the chance of developing stomach ulcers caused by NSAIDs.
- Rebamipide is best taken with food and preferably at bedtime.
- Do not take antacids that contain magnesium while you are taking the Rebamipide. Ask your doctor for help in selecting a suitable antacid.