food interaction for MLEVO M
alcohol interaction for MLEVO M
pregnancy interaction for MLEVO M
lactation interaction for MLEVO M
Avoid Mlevo m suspension with grapefruit juice.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MLEVO M
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MLEVO MNo substitutes found
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for MLEVO M
- Keep out of direct sunlight while taking this medicine to prevent your skin from burning, tingling or severely blistering.
- Take plenty of fluids.
- If you are already taking iron tablets, antacids or sucralfate, take levofloxacin dose at least 2 hours before or after.
- Do not drive, operate dangerous machinery or have similar activities if you feel that your ability to concentrate and react is impaired after taking levofloxacin.
- Do not give levofloxacin to your children or growing teenagers, it can harm the cartilage of their growing bones.
- Do not use levofloxacin eye drop to treat any problem in eye that has not been checked by your doctor.
- consult your doctor before taking this drug, If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for MLEVO M
Q.Does levofloxacin/ L-cin 500/ Levomac/ Levoday/ Levobact contain penicillin or sulpha?
No, levofloxacin belong to a different group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. It does not contain penicillin or sulpha
Q.Is levofloxacin gluten free?
Yes, levofloxacin sold as generic is gluten free
Q.Is levofloxacin the same as ciprofloxacin?
They belong to same class of antibiotics, but are different drugs
Q.Is levofloxacin a narcotic?
No. Levofloxacin is not a narcotic drug
Q.Can I take levofloxacin for sore throat, tonsil and strep throat?
Yes. Levofloxacin can be used to treat sore throat, tonsillitis and strep throat infections. Please consult your doctor before taking drug
Q.Can I take levofloxacin with Tylenol/ Nyquil/ Benadryl/ Nexium/ Claritin?
Yes. You can take levofloxacin with Tylenol/ Nyquil/ Benadryl/ Nexium/ Claritin. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does levofloxacin cover Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus?
No. Levofloxacin is not effective against Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Q.Does levofloxacin affect birth control?
No. Levofloxacin does not affect birth control pills. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.
Q.Is metronidazole safe?
Yes, metronidazole is a relatively safe drug if used in prescribed dose and for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What is metronidazole?
Metronidazole is an antibiotic
Q.Is it antibiotic or pain killer?
Metronidazole is an antibiotic and not pain killer
Q.What it is used for?
It is used for infections of the dental cavity, ears, sinus, throat, lungs, stomach, intestine, brain and bones
Q.Is metronidazole same as Flagyl?
Yes. Flagyl is a branded medicine containing metronidazole
Q.Does metronidazole cure STDs or yeast infections?
Metronidazole cures genital infections like bacterial vaginosis and gonorrhea. It does not cure chlamydia or vaginal yeast infections
Q.Does metronidazole affect birth control?
There is no evidence of metronidazole affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking metronidazole
Q.Is metronidazole an OTC product?
No, metronidazole is not an OTC product
Q.Can metronidazole cause nausea, vomiting, constipation or irregular monthly periods?
Metronidazole may cause nausea, vomiting, constipation or upset stomach. However, there is no evidence of metronidazole affecting monthly periods. If you notice any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.