Information about Levofloxacin + Metronidazole
Levofloxacin + Metronidazole Uses
How Levofloxacin + Metronidazole works
Levofloxacin + Metronidazole is a combination of two antibiotics: Levofloxacin and Metronidazole. Levofloxacin works by preventing the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing the bacteria. Metronidazole kills parasites and anaerobic bacteria that cause infections by damaging their DNA. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
Common side effects of Levofloxacin + Metronidazole
Nausea, Dryness in mouth, Metallic taste, Dizziness, Headache
Available Medicine for Levofloxacin + Metronidazole
Mlevo MMoraceae Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Levofloxacin + Metronidazole
- Your doctor has prescribed this combination medicine for the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
- Diarrhea can cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids to help rehydrate you.
- Consult your doctor if your diarrhea lasts for more than 48 hours.
- Do not use Levofloxacin + Metronidazole if you have blood in your stool or if you are severely constipated.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Levofloxacin + Metronidazole as it may irritate your stomach and also cause excessive drowsiness.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.