food interaction for MICROCETIN
alcohol interaction for MICROCETIN
pregnancy interaction for MICROCETIN
lactation interaction for MICROCETIN
medicine interaction for MICROCETIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR MICROCETIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR MICROCETIN
- PARAXIN 250MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 6.42/capsuleRs. 64.20save 2% more per capsule
- ENTEROMYCETIN 250 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Deys MedicalRs. 4.80/capsuleRs. 48save 27% more per capsule
- LABCHLOR 250 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Laborate Pharmaceuticals India LtdRs. 1.25/capsuleRs. 12.50save 81% more per capsule
- LARMYCETIN 250MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Lark Laboratories LtdRs. 4.60/capsuleRs. 46save 30% more per capsule
- STARPHENICOL 250MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.14/capsuleRs. 21.43save 67% more per capsule
Expert advice FOR MICROCETIN
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement.
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances.
- if you have anemia, bone marrow problems, liver disease, or kidney problem.
Frequently asked questions FOR MICROCETIN
Q. Is chloramphenicol bacteriostatic or bactericidal/ an antibiotic/does it contains penicillin/ does it contain steroids/ treat styes?
Chloramphenicol is an antibiotic and exerts both bactericidal and bacteriostatic against wide variety of gram positive and gram negative bacteria including E.coli. No, it does not contain penicillin or steroids
Q. Is chloramphenicol safe/ do chloramphenicol cause aplastic anemia/ safe for babies?
Chloramphenicol is safe at recommended dose and duration; however, in some cases it has led to rare side effects such as aplastic anemia. Chloramphenicol should not be used in children under 2 years of age and used be with extreme caution in children above 2 years of age especially who have diarrhea or a stomach or bowel infection
Q. Does chloramphenicol sting/ does chloramphenicol cause dry eyes?
Chloramphenicol eye drops/ ointment may cause transient burning or stinging sensation. It does not cause but should be used with extreme precaution in patients with dry eye syndrome
Q. Can i take paracetamol with chloramphenicol?
Chloramphenicol is not known to have any drug interactions with paracetamol, however, it should be taken together as per doctor's advice
Q. Is chloromycetin a penicillin/ an antibiotic/ with the formula/ chloromycetin is a drug for which disease?
Chloramphenicol is a brand name for chloramphenicol. It is not penicillin. It is an antibiotic with the formula C11H12Cl2N2O5. It used in the treatment of serious infections in different parts of the body caused by bacteria by killing or preventing their growth
Q. Is chloromycetin over the counter/ is obtained from?
No, it is available only with your doctor's prescription
Q. Is chloramphenicol and tetracycline similar?
Chloramphenicol and tetracycline belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q. Is Chloromycetin the same as chlorsig?
Both Chloromycetin and chlorsig contains chloramphenicol. Chlorsig is available as eye drop or ointment and Chloromycetin is an oral formulation.