Information about Chloramphenicol
Chloramphenicol is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used to treat certain types of serious infections caused by bacteria when other antibiotics cannot be used.
How Chloramphenicol works
Chloramphenicol is an antibiotic which stops the growth of bacteria. It does so by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. This does not directly kill the bacteria, but prevents them from increasing in numbers, and eventually clears up the infection.
Common side effects of Chloramphenicol
Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea, Taste change
Available Medicine for Chloramphenicol
RenicolKlar Sehen Pvt Ltd
₹18 to ₹403 variant(s)
LarmycetinLark Laboratories Ltd
₹55 to ₹853 variant(s)
ChlorocolJawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹23 to ₹832 variant(s)
DexorenIndoco Remedies Ltd
ChlorocinJagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹30 to ₹1273 variant(s)
LabchlorLaborate Pharmaceuticals India Ltd
₹19 to ₹383 variant(s)
StarphenicolCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹31 to ₹572 variant(s)
OptichlorEntod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹22 to ₹232 variant(s)
AmphenLeben Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Chloramphenicol
- Your doctor has prescribed Chloramphenicol to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- This can be taken either with or without food.
- Your doctor may get blood tests done to check your blood cells before starting treatment and regularly thereafter.
- Do not use Chloramphenicol if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.