Meropenem is given as an injection directly into a vein by a doctor or nurse using water for injections or a suitable infusion fluid. Do not start or continue the meropenem and consult your doctor:
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have a history of seizures or central nervous system problems (e.g. brain lesions).
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are taking other drugs like probenecid, valproic acid, or oral anticoagulants like warfarin.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.