food interaction for LOROMYCIN
alcohol interaction for LOROMYCIN
pregnancy interaction for LOROMYCIN
lactation interaction for LOROMYCIN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LOROMYCIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LOROMYCIN
- ARGEX 250MG CAPSULE(3 capsules in strip)Dr. Johns Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 13.25/capsuleRs. 39.75pay 104% more per capsule
- ZYCIN 250MG CAPSULE(6 capsules in strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.97/capsuleRs. 71.85pay 85% more per capsule
- LOROMYCIN 250MG CAPSULE(6 capsules in strip)Novartis India LtdRs. 10.58/capsuleRs. 63.51pay 63% more per capsule
- AZIT 250 MG CAPSULE(6 capsules in strip)Exotic Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 10.33/capsuleRs. 62pay 59% more per capsule
- AZIZEN 250MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Aretaeus PharmaceuticalsRs. 8.93/capsuleRs. 89.27pay 38% more per capsule
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for LOROMYCIN
- Do not Azithromycin with food. Take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after food
- Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin , roxithromycin or clarithromycin
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions for LOROMYCIN
Q.Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q.Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q.Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.