food interaction for LOMADAY
alcohol interaction for LOMADAY
pregnancy interaction for LOMADAY
lactation interaction for LOMADAY
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LOMADAY
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for LOMADAY
- LOMITAS 400 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 18.75/tabletRs. 75pay 68% more per tablet
- VIVO 400MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Exotic Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 1.93/tabletRs. 19.25save 83% more per tablet
- FLOXADAY 400MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.75/tabletRs. 58.50save 13% more per tablet
- SOLOFLOX 400MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Kopran LtdRs. 9.25/tabletRs. 37.01save 17% more per tablet
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Dheeraj GuptaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Reema DasMBBS, Diploma, MS
Expert advice for LOMADAY
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney disease or suffer from fits (epilepsy/seizures).
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking lomefloxacin as it may cause dizziness.
- Avoid excess exposure to sunlight while on this treatment as it may cause increased sensitivity to sunlight. Take lomefloxacin at least 12 hours before exposure to the sun to reduce the risk of sensitivity to the sun.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience severe diarrhea, stomach pain/cramps, or bloody stools.
- Do not take lomefloxacin if you experience pain, swelling, or tearing of a tendon. Take plenty of rest and do not exercise until you feel fine.
- Ensure that medicines such as sucralfate, antacids containing magnesium or aluminium, vitamin/mineral supplements containing zinc or iron are consumed before/after at least 2 hours after taking lomefloxacin.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant/are planning to become pregnant or are breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for LOMADAY
Q.What is lomefloxacin hydrochloride?
Lomefloxacin hydrochloride is an antibiotic belonging to the fluoroquinolones group of medicines. It is used to treat infections caused by bacteria in lower respiratory tract (eg. bronchitis) and urinary tract.