Lomefloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections
How it works
Lomefloxacin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting the DNA replication.
Common side effects
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
- ₹75Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹111Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹37Kopran Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹58Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹19Exotic Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹27Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹30Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney disease or suffer from fits (epilepsy/seizures).
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking lomefloxacin as it may cause dizziness.
- Avoid excess exposure to sunlight while on this treatment as it may cause increased sensitivity to sunlight. Take lomefloxacin at least 12 hours before exposure to the sun to reduce the risk of sensitivity to the sun.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience severe diarrhea, stomach pain/cramps, or bloody stools.
- Do not take lomefloxacin if you experience pain, swelling, or tearing of a tendon. Take plenty of rest and do not exercise until you feel fine.
- Ensure that medicines such as sucralfate, antacids containing magnesium or aluminium, vitamin/mineral supplements containing zinc or iron are consumed before/after at least 2 hours after taking lomefloxacin.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant/are planning to become pregnant or are breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is lomefloxacin hydrochloride?
Lomefloxacin hydrochloride is an antibiotic belonging to the fluoroquinolones group of medicines. It is used to treat infections caused by bacteria in lower respiratory tract (eg. bronchitis) and urinary tract.