Information about Lomefloxacin
Lomefloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin and soft tissues, windpipe and lungs (pneumonia).
How lomefloxacin works
Lomefloxacin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from reproducing and repairing themselves. This treats your infection.
Common side effects of lomefloxacin
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Lomefloxacin
- ₹75Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹111Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹108Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45Max Life Science1 variant(s)
- ₹89Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹107Medley Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹62Themis Medicare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹37Novartis India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹27Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lomefloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Lomefloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Lomefloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Lomefloxacin
Q. What is lomefloxacin hydrochloride?
Lomefloxacin hydrochloride is an antibiotic belonging to the fluoroquinolones group of medicines. It is used to treat infections caused by bacteria in lower respiratory tract (eg. bronchitis) and urinary tract.