Information about Lomefloxacin
Lomefloxacin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin & soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How Lomefloxacin works
Lomefloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the action of a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase. This prevents the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing them.
Common side effects of Lomefloxacin
Nausea, Headache, Diarrhea, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Constipation, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Lomefloxacin
LomadayDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
LomitasIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MaxalomPharose Remedies Ltd
LomefTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
LomedonCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
LomibactSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
LomegenGenix Pharma Ltd
TaurlomTaurus Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Lomefloxacin
- Your doctor has prescribed Lomefloxacin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Lomefloxacin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.