food interaction for LIOFEN
alcohol interaction for LIOFEN
pregnancy interaction for LIOFEN
lactation interaction for LIOFEN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LIOFEN
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for LIOFEN 25MG TABLET
Patients taking LIOFEN 25MG TABLET
- 35%Once A Day
- 29%Thrice A Day
- 18%Alternate Day
- 12%Twice A Day
- 6%Once A Week
SUBSTITUTES for LIOFEN
- LIORESAL 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Novartis India LtdRs. 39.70/tabletRs. 397pay 80% more per tablet
- BACLOF 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 21.70/tabletRs. 217save 1% more per tablet
- ARIVE 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 17.50/tabletRs. 175save 20% more per tablet
- BIZLO 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 19.80/tabletRs. 198save 10% more per tablet
- EPTIL 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Crescent Therapeutics LtdRs. 14.28/tabletRs. 142.83save 35% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
Expert advice for LIOFEN
- If you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- If you have stomach ulcer.
- If you have porphyria (an inherited condition causing blisters, abdominal pain and brain or nervous system disorders).
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
- If you are taking medicines to lower your blood pressure or taking diuretics (drugs increasing urine output) or pain killers.
- If you require any surgery (which may need administration of anesthetics).
Frequently asked questions for LIOFEN
Q.Is baclofen an NSAID/pain-killer/muscle-relaxant?
No. Baclofen is not a pain-killer or an NSAID. It is a centrally acting muscle relaxant
Q.Is baclofen addictive?
No. Baclofen is not addictive
Q.Is baclofen the same as Soma/Flexeril?
No. Baclofen is not the same as Soma (carisoprodol) or Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine). However, all of these drugs are muscle relaxants used for the same indications
Q.Is baclofen safe?
Yes. Baclofen is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q.Is baclofen a narcotic or controlled substance?
No. Baclofen is not a narcotic or a controlled substance
Q.Can I take baclofen with Percocet/Xanax/tramadol/Norco/Cymbalta/Motrin/naproxen?
Baclofen if taken with Percocet (acetaminophen plus oxycodone)/Norco (acetaminophen plus hydrocodone), cymbalta (duloxetine), Xanax (alprazolam) or tramadol can increase the side-effects such as dizziness, sedation and difficulties in concentration. Baclofen can be taken with naproxen or Motrin (ibuprofen) if prescribed by your doctor
Q.Can I take baclofen for backache/toothache or menstrual cramps?
Baclofen is effective in the treatment of acute back pains. But, it is not used for relieving toothache or menstrual cramps
Q.Does baclofen have sulfa/aspirin in it?
No. Baclofen does not contain sulfa or aspirin
Q.Does baclofen cause tiredness/drowsiness/low blood pressure?
Yes. Baclofen may cause tiredness, drowsiness or low blood pressure. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q.How long can I take baclofen for?
It is advisable to take baclofen for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking the drug without consulting your doctor
Q.Does baclofen cause erectile dysfunction?
Baclofen may rarely cause symptoms of erectile dysfunction and impotence. Consult your doctor if you experience these symptoms.