Medicine Overview of Lenalid Capsule
Uses of Lenalid Capsule
Side effects of Lenalid Capsule
Headache, Weakness, Nausea, Rash, Breathlessness, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Edema, Loss of appetite, Decreased white blood cell count, Decreased calcium level in blood, Weight gain, Muscle weakness, Fatigue, Fever, Anxiety, Blood clots , Dry skin, Weight loss, Confusion, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Neuropathy, Constipation, Tremor.
How to use Lenalid Capsule
How Lenalid Capsule works
In Depth Information on Lenalid Capsule
Expert advice for Lenalid Capsule
- You may be monitored with regular blood tests before and during the treatment as lenalidomide may cause a fall in the white blood cells and platelets, required to fight infection and blood clotting.
- Avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury and avoid contact with people who have colds or infections.
- You should not donate blood, semen or serum during treatment and for 4 week after the end of treatment.
- You may be at risk of developing acute myelogenous leukemia, Hodgkin lymphoma tumor lysis syndrome, fatal liver problems, severe skin reactions and fatal heart problems during treatment with lenalidomide. You should discuss in advance the benefits and risks of taking lenalidomide.
- Lenalidomide is not recommended for use in children and adolescents under 18 years.
- You should use proper contraceptive methods at least 4 weeks before, during and until 4 weeks after stopping treatment.
- Woman of childbearing potential will be required to undergo pregnancy tests before, every 4 weeks and after the treatment.
- You should inform your doctor or dentist that you take lenalidomide before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Do not drive or operate machines while taking lenalidomide as it may make you feel dizzy, tired, sleepy or have blurred vision.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
You may feel dizzy, tired, sleepy, have vertigo or blurred vision after taking Lenalid 5mg Capsule and this may affect your ability to drive.
Caution should be advised in patients moderate to severe with renal impairment.