food interaction for LACOSET
alcohol interaction for LACOSET
pregnancy interaction for LACOSET
lactation interaction for LACOSET
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LACOSET
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for LACOSET 200 MG TABLET
Patients taking LACOSET 200 MG TABLET
- 63%Twice A Day
- 25%Thrice A Day
- 13%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for LACOSET
- SEIZGARD 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)UCB India Pvt LtdRs. 45.73/tabletRs. 457.26pay 164% more per tablet
- LACOSAM 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 16.80/tabletRs. 168save 3% more per tablet
- LACOTIDE 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 15.25/tabletRs. 152.50save 12% more per tablet
- LACOXA 200MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 15.20/tabletRs. 152save 12% more per tablet
- Dr. Kapil AgarwalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Tina AhluwaliaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Namit GuptaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sunil SinglaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Mayank ChawlaMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for LACOSET
- Seek immediate medical attention if you get the thought of harming or killing yourself.
- Consult your doctor if you have mental disorders, heart problems, if you are pregnant, or breast-feeding.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as lacosamide may cause dizziness and unsteady movements (ataxia).
- Do not take alcohol with lacosamide as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for LACOSET
Q.Is lacosamide a controlled substance, or narcotic?
Lacosamide is not a controlled substance or narcotic. It is the drug used in treatment of epilepsy or convulsions
Q.Where is lacosamide absorbed?
Lacosamide is absorbed from stomach and intestine when taken orally
Q.What class is lacosamide?
Lacosamide belongs to the class of medication called anticonvulsants
Q.What is it used for?
Lacosamide is used as monotherapy or in combination with other antiepileptic medications to treat partial-onset seizure (fits due to involvement of only one side of brain)
Q.How does lacosamide work?
Lacosamide is an anticonvulsant drug. It stabilizes the hyper-excited nerve fibers, thereby slowing abnormal nerve impulses in brain
Q.How effective is lacosamide?
Lacosamide is effective in treatment of partial-onset seizure (fits due to involvement of only one side of brain). But effect may vary depending on the individuals taking the medicine. Please follow the doctor's advice regarding the use of this medicine.