Information about Lacosamide
Lacosamide is used in the treatment of epilepsy/seizures.
How Lacosamide works
Lacosamide is an antiepileptic medication. It slowly inactivates the sodium gated channels, which decreases the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain. Thereby, it controls seizures or fits.
Common side effects of Lacosamide
Blurred vision, Dizziness, Double vision, Headache, Nausea
Available Medicine for Lacosamide
LacosamTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹76 to ₹50510 variant(s)
LacosetSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹84 to ₹2515 variant(s)
LacotideIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹75 to ₹2355 variant(s)
SeizgardUCB India Pvt Ltd
₹174 to ₹6984 variant(s)
₹72 to ₹2517 variant(s)
SizlacAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹85 to ₹2125 variant(s)
₹71 to ₹2295 variant(s)
JoseizLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹61 to ₹1142 variant(s)
LacosureSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹47 to ₹852 variant(s)
LacoptalIcon Life Sciences
₹75 to ₹2144 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lacosamide
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Practice yoga every day.
- Get enough sleep at nighttime.
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/laptop.
- Take your medication on time.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Talk to your doctor if you have a heart problem that affects your heartbeat.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.