Information about Lacosamide
Lacosamide is used in the treatment of epilepsy.
How lacosamide works
Lacosamide controls seizures or fits by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of lacosamide
Nausea, Headache, Dizziness, Double vision
Available Medicine for Lacosamide
- ₹58 to ₹176Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹61 to ₹187Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹53 to ₹195Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹120 to ₹481UCB India Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹95Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹102 to ₹183Alkem Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹53 to ₹175Abbott India Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹56 to ₹95La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹53 to ₹92Strides shasun Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lacosamide
- Seek immediate medical attention if you get the thought of harming or killing yourself.
- Consult your doctor if you have mental disorders, heart problems, if you are pregnant, or breast-feeding.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as lacosamide may cause dizziness and unsteady movements (ataxia).
- Do not take alcohol with lacosamide as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Lacosamide
Q. Is lacosamide a controlled substance, or narcotic?
Lacosamide is not a controlled substance or narcotic. It is the drug used in treatment of epilepsy or convulsions
Q. Where is lacosamide absorbed?
Lacosamide is absorbed from stomach and intestine when taken orally
Q. What class is lacosamide?
Lacosamide belongs to the class of medication called anticonvulsants
Q. What is it used for?
Lacosamide is used as monotherapy or in combination with other antiepileptic medications to treat partial-onset seizure (fits due to involvement of only one side of brain)
Q. How does lacosamide work?
Lacosamide is an anticonvulsant drug. It stabilizes the hyper-excited nerve fibers, thereby slowing abnormal nerve impulses in brain
Q. How effective is lacosamide?
Lacosamide is effective in treatment of partial-onset seizure (fits due to involvement of only one side of brain). But effect may vary depending on the individuals taking the medicine. Please follow the doctor's advice regarding the use of this medicine.