food interaction for LACOSAM
alcohol interaction for LACOSAM
pregnancy interaction for LACOSAM
lactation interaction for LACOSAM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for LACOSAM
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for LACOSAM 200 MG TABLET
Patients taking LACOSAM 200 MG TABLET
- 67%Twice A Day
- 8%Twice A Week
- 8%Thrice A Day
- 8%Once A Day
- 8%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES for LACOSAM
- SEIZGARD 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)UCB India Pvt LtdRs. 45.73/tabletRs. 457.26pay 172% more per tablet
- LACOSET 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 17.30/tabletRs. 173pay 3% more per tablet
- LACOTIDE 200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 15.25/tabletRs. 152.50save 9% more per tablet
- LACOXA 200MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 15.20/tabletRs. 152save 10% more per tablet
- Dr. Tina AhluwaliaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sunil SinglaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Joy Dev MukherjiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Mayank ChawlaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Isha ShuklaMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for LACOSAM
- Seek immediate medical attention if you get the thought of harming or killing yourself.
- Consult your doctor if you have mental disorders, heart problems, if you are pregnant, or breast-feeding.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as lacosamide may cause dizziness and unsteady movements (ataxia).
- Do not take alcohol with lacosamide as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for LACOSAM
Q.Is lacosamide a controlled substance, or narcotic?
Lacosamide is not a controlled substance or narcotic. It is the drug used in treatment of epilepsy or convulsions
Q.Where is lacosamide absorbed?
Lacosamide is absorbed from stomach and intestine when taken orally
Q.What class is lacosamide?
Lacosamide belongs to the class of medication called anticonvulsants
Q.What is it used for?
Lacosamide is used as monotherapy or in combination with other antiepileptic medications to treat partial-onset seizure (fits due to involvement of only one side of brain)
Q.How does lacosamide work?
Lacosamide is an anticonvulsant drug. It stabilizes the hyper-excited nerve fibers, thereby slowing abnormal nerve impulses in brain
Q.How effective is lacosamide?
Lacosamide is effective in treatment of partial-onset seizure (fits due to involvement of only one side of brain). But effect may vary depending on the individuals taking the medicine. Please follow the doctor's advice regarding the use of this medicine.