Medicine Overview of Karplat Injection
Side effects of Karplat Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Anemia, Fatigue, Reduced blood platelets, Increased liver enzymes, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Peripheral sensory neuropathy, Diarrhoea.
How to use Karplat Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Karplat Injection works
Karplat 450mg injection is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Karplat Injection
Expert advice for Karplat Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of kidney (renal) disorder.
- Kidney and liver function will be monitored during carboplatin treatment.
- Neurological and hearing assessments may be required on regular basis during treatment with high doses of carboplatin.
- It is generally recommended that aluminium containing equipment not be used for delivering carboplatin.
- Concurrent treatment with following medications is not recommended: amino glycoside, vancomycin, capreomycin and diuretics.
- Allergic reactions (like hives; skin rash; itching; reddening of the skin; difficulty breathing or swallowing; dizziness; faintness; or fast heartbeat) may occur during therapy which will be duly managed by your doctor.
- There might be low numbers of platelets or white blood cells during therapy and hence, frequent monitoring of blood cell counts and transfusions of the same may be required.
- Call your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following during the therapy: fever, sore throat, chills, ongoing cough and congestion, or other signs of infection; unusual bleeding or bruising; black and tarry stools; red blood in stools; bloody vomit; vomited material that looks like coffee grounds.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should use two methods of contraception while on this therapy and 6 months after it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and 6 months after stopping. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
Special precautions for Karplat 450mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Karplat 450mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Karplat 450mg Injection is usafe to use during lactation. D+more
ata suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breast feeding is not advisable....
Karplat 450mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tir+more
ed, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Karplat 450mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Karplat 450mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Karplat 450mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease. Regular monitoring of kidney function tests may be advised while you are taking this medicine....
Use of Karplat 450mg Injection is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease. Regular monitoring of kidney function tests may be advised while you are taking this medicine.
Karplat 450mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients+more
with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Karplat 450mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Carboplatin, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Karplat 450mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Carboplatin
No, Karplat is not a cell cycle specific anticancer medication
Yes Karplat is an FDA approved drug
Q. Is it a platinum based drug?
Yes carboplatin is a platinum based drug and is effectively used in combination with other drug
Yes Karplat is known to cause side effects like neuropathy, hearing loss, hair loss, weight gain, and constipation. Please inform your doctor about any side-effect that you may observe on taking this drug. Infertility while on therapy may be caused as a side effect of this drug but it may be reverse after stopping the therapy. Yes Karplat may cause leukemia if it is used for a long duration.
Yes, Karplat is a generic platinum-based compound
No Karplat is not cardio-toxic/ anthracycline/vesicant
It is used to treat advanced stage breast cancer
No Karplat is not available in pill form
User Submitted Feedback For Karplat 450mg Injection
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Karplat 450mg Injection. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Substitutes for Karplat Injection
Carbokem Novo 450mg Injection
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
₹49.38/ml of Injection
Cytocarb 450mg Injection
₹51.85/ml of Injection
Carboplatin 450mg Injection
₹51.85/ml of Injection
Carbozar 450mg Injection
RPG Life Sciences Ltd
₹2700.0/ml of Injection
Celcarb 450mg Injection
Celon Laboratories Ltd