Small cell lung cancer
Description of Small cell lung cancer
Lung cancer is one of the most common cancers in the world. It is a leading cause of cancer death in men and women in India. Cigarette smoking causes most lung cancers. The more cigarettes you smoke per day and the earlier you started smoking, the greater your risk of lung cancer. High levels of pollution, radiation, and asbestos exposure may also increase risk.
Signs and Symptoms
Common symptoms of lung cancer include:
1. A cough that does not go away and gets worse over time
2. Constant chest pain
3. Coughing up blood
4. Shortness of breath, wheezing, or hoarseness
5. Repeated problems with pneumonia or bronchitis
6. Swelling of the neck and face
7. Loss of appetite or weight loss
Doctors diagnose lung cancer using a physical exam, imaging, and lab tests.
Treatment depends on the type, stage, and how advanced it is. Treatments include:
3. Radiation therapy
4. Targeted therapy
NIH: National Cancer Institute
Frequently Asked Questions about Small cell lung cancer
Not Available. Will update soon.