food interaction for IROVEL
alcohol interaction for IROVEL
pregnancy interaction for IROVEL
lactation interaction for IROVEL
medicine interaction for IROVEL
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR IROVEL
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR IROVEL 300 MG TABLET
Patients taking IROVEL 300 MG TABLET
- 75%Once A Day
- 16%Twice A Day
- 7%Thrice A week
- 1%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR IROVEL
- XARB 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 26.10/tabletRs. 261pay 29% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR IROVEL
- Irbesartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Irbesartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Irbesartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Irbesartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
Frequently asked questions FOR IROVEL
Q. Is irbesartan an alpha /a beta blocker/ calcium channel blocker/an ace inhibitor/a statin/ diuretic/ nitrate?
No. Irbesartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker
Q. Is irbesartan safe?
Yes. Irbesartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is irbesartan and losartan the same?
No. Both are different drugs of the same class; however, they differ in their pharmacokinetic profile
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with irbesartan?
Use of ibuprofen with irbesartan may reduce the effects of irbesartan in lowering blood pressure. In addition, if this combination is taken frequently, it may affect the kidney function
Q. Can I take paracetamol with irbesartan?
Yes. You can take paracetamol with irbesartan
Q. Can I take aspirin with irbesartan?
Use of aspirin with irbesartan may reduce the effects of irbesartan in lowering blood pressure. In addition, if this combination is taken frequently, it may affect your kidney function
Q. Does irbesartan lower heart rate?
Yes. Irbesartan may lower your heart rate
Q. Does irbesartan cause constipation/ weight gain/ hair loss/ erectile dysfunction / impotence/ diarrhea/ ringing in the ears/ depression?
No. Irbesartan does not cause any of the above side effects. However, if you experience such side effects please consult your doctor immediately.