food interaction for IOBRIM
alcohol interaction for IOBRIM
pregnancy interaction for IOBRIM
lactation interaction for IOBRIM
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for IOBRIM
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for IOBRIM 2 MG EYE DROP
Patients taking IOBRIM 2 MG EYE DROP
- 80%Twice A Day
- 20%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for IOBRIM
- BRIMO 2 MG EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Alcon LaboratoriesRs. 54/ML of eye dropRs. 270pay 44% more per ML of eye drop
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Dheeraj GuptaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
Expert advice for IOBRIM
- Do not start or continue the brimonidine solution If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to brimonidine or any of the other ingredients of brimonidine solution.
- Close your eyes for 2 or 3 minutes with your head tipped down, without blinking or squinting. Gently press your finger to the inside corner of the eye for about 1 minute, to keep the liquid from draining into your tear duct.
- Do not touch the tip of the eye dropper or place it directly on your eye. A contaminated dropper can infect your eye, which could lead to serious vision problems.
- Remove contact lenses prior to application and wait at least 15 minutes before reinsertion.
- Wait at least 5 minutes before using any other eye drops your doctor has prescribed.
- Do not use the eye drops if the liquid has changed colors or has particles in it. Call your pharmacist for new medicine.
Frequently asked questions for IOBRIM
Q.Is brimonidine the same as Alphagan?
Yes, Alphagan is a trade name of drug brimonidine
Q.Is brimonidine or brimonidine tartrate a beta blocker/steroid?
Brimonidine or brimonidine tartrate is a sympatomimetic drug and not a beta blocker/steroid
Q.Does brimonidine cause fatigue?
Yes, feeling fatigue is a very common side effect of brimonidine. Always consult your doctor if you experience such type of side effect
Q.Why does brimonidine cause miosis?
Brimonidine causing this side effect is very rare. It may be because of overdose of other alpha2-agonists. Always consult your doctor if you experience such type of side effect
Q.How does brimonidine lower intraocular pressure (iop)?
It reduces the intraocular pressure by reducing the amount of fluid in the eye.