Medicine Overview of Imtus Injection
Fatigue, Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Hair loss, Fever, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Diarrhoea, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Decreased appetite, Mucosal inflammation.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Imtus 40mg Injection is an anti-cancer medication. It is an inhibitor of topoisomerase, an enzyme important for replication of genetic material (DNA) in the cancer cells. Thus it stops the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Imtus Injection
• You will be monitored for blood cell counts before each treatment session.
• Seek immediate medical attention if you notice passage of blood in stools or experience dizziness or faintness, continuous episodes of nausea, vomiting or diarrhea or fever.
• Tell your doctor if you have received radiation therapy in the past.
• Inform your doctor if you have diabetes, asthma, high cholesterol or high blood pressure or any liver or kidney or heart or lung disorders. .
• Do not drive or operate any machines as irinotecan may cause drowsiness, dizziness or blurred vision.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Patients allergic to irinotecan or any of its ingredients should not take it.
• Patients with chronic inflammatory bowel disease and or bowel obstruction should not take it.
• Patients with severe liver disease or severe bone marrow failure should not take it.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid taking it.
Imtus Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Imtus 40mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Imtus 40mg Injection is unsafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Imtus 40mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Imtus 40mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Imtus 40mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Use of this medicine is not recommended for patients on dialysis.
There is limited information available on the use of Imtus 40mg Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Imtus 40mg Injection, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Imtus Injection
Imtus is not a known vesicant but a precaution should be taken to avoid severe local tissue damage upon extravasation (leaking of injected Azacitidine into the surrounding tissues from the site of administration) when injected
Yes. Imtus is chemotherapy, used in the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer
No, Imtus is not known to cause hair loss
Imtus damages rapidly dividing normal and cancer cells. Chemotherapy with Imtus damages normal cells of gastrointestinal tract, leading to a disruption in the fluid balance that they maintain. Specifically, absorption of fluid from the gastrointestinal (GI) tract back into the body is decreased and secretion of fluid and electrolytes in the stool is increased. This causes watery bowel movements, i.e diarrhea
No. Imtus can improve symptoms and prolong life of a patient.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Imtus 40mg Injection: DHR, BBN, KHH, HPC, BDN, GPT, SWP, OHM, ENP, MMS, TSS, HSP, AYM, BLE, SCH, JIV, 9MM, TFP, SVS, USF, LMS, PVP, BBS, BLS, SDM, DLP, SMN, PRT, GTK, UBL, PWN, BGS, NDP, NNH, KAL, SHC, BLP, AAY, MAX, KMC, AVS, SGH, CLT, MAP, ZPR, BHP, BAP, SLN, MDO, VRS, QTM, SRG, AMR, ATL, UMP, WSI, CHP, RPI, TNH, RSS, BIO, PRN, DGN, VDH, 9T9, LHA, AWS, OWP, HGI, DPL, ZEL, OLT, BAL, PEN, AGT, NTB, PLT, MPC, JHC, RDR, DAO, NVY, RKS, FGH, HEX, NNP, BTM, BMJ, BHM, ABP, EMB, BSN, GNC, ARD, PTI, GHR, THP, DHP, PPR, IAD, DYG, GBL, PNT, RDH, IPL, RJH, 4IT, ADT, JVN, HMP, JBT, LCC, PMA, HZF, GTC, SVH, NSL, KIS, MAM, SYN, HAT, EPS, OIP, HNP, PHN, DVH, EAN, STA, NVL, DPP, RHL, HTS, MLC, BHS, MBP, MAK, SWT, BNA, KHC, ATP, MKT, SSA, AYU, ANT, TRP, SAF, ANP, VJS, SGC, ZVP, HBV, SWA, KNH, MSD, RHW, JVO, SJP, BHA, NAS, ESY, RWP, WHL, RPP, JSL, DZY, QLF, HIP, DFP, RSA, SBA, EQN, AAR, TOM, GPP, SBL, EVP, SPD, SHD, UHP, MDH, VNS, RUS, NXG