Medicine Overview of Humatrope Injection
Uses of Humatrope Injection
Humatrope 36IU Injection is used in the treatment of pituitary dwarfism.
Side effects of Humatrope Injection
Injection site reaction.
How to use Humatrope Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Humatrope Injection works
Humatrope 36iu injection has the same structure like natural growth hormone which is required for the growth of bones and muscles. It also helps the fat and muscle tissues to develop in the right proportion.
In Depth Information on Humatrope Injection
Expert advice for Humatrope Injection
- Do not drink alcohol while you are using somatropin. It may irritate your stomach and worsen your condition.
- Do not use more than the recommended dose or change your dose without checking with your doctor.
- Somatropin may raise your blood sugar, cause mild swelling (particularly in the hands or feet), or muscle or joint pain, swelling, or stiffness. If you experience any of these symptoms, inform your doctor immediately.
- Somatopin should be used with caution in the elderly who may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Before you take somatropin, inform your doctor if have /are being treated for any of the following medical conditions: thyroid problem, diabetes, kidney problems.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken or might take any other medicines along with somatropin.
- Tell your doctor before taking somatropin, if you are about to have, or have had, a major operation, or go into hospital for any reason.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Humatrope 36IU Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Humatrope 36IU Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Humatrope 36IU Injection is probably safe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Humatrope 36IU Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Humatro+more
pe 36IU Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Somatropin, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Humatrope 36IU Injection
Frequently asked questions for Somatropin
Yes. Humatrope is officially approved by the US FDA to be used in the management of the human growth hormone deficiency
Humatrope is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Yes. Humatrope is a steroid
No. Humatrope is not a controlled substance
You can take Humatrope until you have reached your final height and stopped growing or as per instructions of your treating doctor
Yes. You can take Humatrope both ways; however, if you are taking with another steroid (e.g. testosterone) then your treating doctor may adjust the dose
Yes. It is safe to take Humatrope with high blood pressure, however, make sure you discuss this with your treating doctor
Humatrope needs to be stored at 2-8 °C and does have an expiry date mentioned on the container of the drug.
Substitutes for Humatrope Injection
Genotropin 12mg Injection
₹13809.5/ml of Injection