Information about Budesonide
How budesonide works
Budesonide is a corticosteroid. It acts by stopping the release of certain natural substances in the body that are responsible for inflammation.
Common side effects of budesonide
Throat irritation, Hoarseness of voice, Cough
Available Medicine for Budesonide
- ₹72 to ₹329Cipla Ltd9 variant(s)
- ₹108Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹160Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹195Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹149 to ₹430Lupin Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹145Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹299Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹176 to ₹5000Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹315Zydus Cadila7 variant(s)
- ₹22 to ₹26Astra Zeneca2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Budesonide
- Eating smaller, more frequent meals and drinking plenty of fluids is helpful while taking Budesonide.
- Take the drug with meals to avoid stomach upset.
- Take the drug at the same time every day.
- Do not take budesonide if you are allergic to it.
- Don't stop taking this medicine suddenly. Your doctor will slowly adjust your dose to avoid unwanted side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
- Ask your doctor or nurse on instructions to use the budesonide inhaler before use.
- Inform your doctor if you have breathing problems or tightness in the chest even after taking the medicine.
Frequently asked questions for Budesonide
Q. Does budesonide inhaler contain steroids?
Yes. Budesonide inhaler is a steroid drug used mainly to control an asthma attack
Q. Is budesonide safe?
Yes. Budesonide is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, please consult your doctor
Q. Is budesonide same as Pulmicort?
Yes. Pulmicort is a brand name of budesonide
Q. Are budesonide and albuterol same?
No. Budesonide is different from albuterol which is a beta-receptor agonist drug. Both are usedto treat asthma
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/prednisolone/Benadryl with budesonide?
Budesonide can be taken with ibuprofen or Benadryl only if advised by your doctor. Prednisolone is another steroid medication and generally not taken along with other steroid like budesonide, so it is advisable to consult your doctor before taking prednisolone with budesonide
Q. Does budesonide cause weight loss/weight gain/hair loss/hyperactivity?
Budesonide may cause weight gain but not weight loss, hyperactivity or hair loss and increased hair growth on face. If you notice any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Does budesonide cure cough?
Budesonide can cure cough related to asthma or allergic diseases of nose, throat or chest
Q. Does it help in croup?
It is not used for croup
Q. Is budesonide safe for infants?
It is advisable to consult your doctor before giving budesonide to an infant or child.