Information about Budesonide
Budesonide is used in the treatment of ulcerative colitis.
How budesonide works
Budesonide is a corticosteroid. It works by stopping the release of certain natural substances in the intestine that are responsible for inflammation.
Common side effects of budesonide
Headache, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Tiredness, Flatulence, Abdominal distension, Urinary tract infection, Acne, Joint pain, Constipation
Available Medicine for Budesonide
- ₹400Saffron Therapeutics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹317Natco Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹47Kopran Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Budesonide
- You have been prescribed Budesonide to decrease the inflammation (swelling) in the intestines.
- Take it by mouth in the morning, with or without food, with a full glass of water.
- It has fewer side effects as compared to other steroid medicines.
- Do not stop taking it abruptly. Dosage will be tapered or reduced gradually by your doctor.