Information about Budesonide
Budesonide is used in the treatment of asthma.
How budesonide works
Budesonide is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of budesonide
Hoarseness of voice, Sore throat, Oral infections
Available Medicine for Budesonide
- ₹72 to ₹340Cipla Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹340Lupin Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹112Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹157 to ₹5000Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹152 to ₹330Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹125 to ₹381Zydus Cadila7 variant(s)
- ₹136Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹355Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹145Fides Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹420Saffron Therapeutics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Budesonide
- Budesonide ‘dampens down’ inflammation in the lungs to provide long-term (maintenance) treatment of asthma and prevent disease progression.
- Budesonide will not work for an ongoing asthma attack. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
- Take it at the same time every day to prevent asthma attacks.
- Never breathe out into the mouthpiece.
- Only minuscule amounts of Budesonide may get absorbed into the bloodstream after inhalation. Hence, serious side effects such or weight gain are unlikely.