Information about Budesonide
How budesonide works
Budesonide is a corticosteroid. It acts by stopping the release of certain natural substances in the body that are responsible for inflammation.
Common side effects of budesonide
Throat irritation, Hoarseness of voice, Cough
Available Medicine for Budesonide
- ₹39 to ₹329Cipla Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹108Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹152 to ₹330Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹147 to ₹5000Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹136Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹330Zydus Cadila7 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹329Lupin Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹325Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹285AstraZeneca1 variant(s)
- ₹171Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Budesonide
- Budesonide ‘dampens down’ inflammation in the lungs to provide long-term (maintenance) treatment of asthma and prevent disease progression.
- Budesonide will not work for an ongoing asthma attack. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Learn the correct technique of using metered dose inhalers (MDI) and dry powder inhalers (DPI) to ensure that the right amount of medication reaches your lungs, and side effects are minimized.
- Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
- Take it at the same time every day to prevent asthma attacks.
- Do not open and close the cover unnecessarily as you will lose the medicine.
- Never breathe out into the mouthpiece.
- Only minuscule amounts of Budesonide may get absorbed into the bloodstream after inhalation. Hence, serious side effects such or weight gain are unlikely.
Frequently asked questions for Budesonide
Q. Does budesonide inhaler contain steroids?
Yes. Budesonide inhaler is a steroid drug used mainly to control an asthma attack
Q. Is budesonide safe?
Yes. Budesonide is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, please consult your doctor
Q. Is budesonide same as Pulmicort?
Yes. Pulmicort is a brand name of budesonide
Q. Are budesonide and albuterol same?
No. Budesonide is different from albuterol which is a beta-receptor agonist drug. Both are usedto treat asthma
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/prednisolone/Benadryl with budesonide?
Budesonide can be taken with ibuprofen or Benadryl only if advised by your doctor. Prednisolone is another steroid medication and generally not taken along with other steroid like budesonide, so it is advisable to consult your doctor before taking prednisolone with budesonide
Q. Does budesonide cause weight loss/weight gain/hair loss/hyperactivity?
Budesonide may cause weight gain but not weight loss, hyperactivity or hair loss and increased hair growth on face. If you notice any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Does budesonide cure cough?
Budesonide can cure cough related to asthma or allergic diseases of nose, throat or chest
Q. Does it help in croup?
It is not used for croup
Q. Is budesonide safe for infants?
It is advisable to consult your doctor before giving budesonide to an infant or child.