food interaction for GATIBLU 0.30% EYE DROP
alcohol interaction for GATIBLU 0.30% EYE DROP
pregnancy interaction for GATIBLU 0.30% EYE DROP
lactation interaction for GATIBLU 0.30% EYE DROP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GATIBLU 0.30% EYE DROP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for GATIBLU 0.30% EYE DROP
- GATILOX 0.3% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 10.80/ML of eye dropRs. 54pay 218% more per ML of eye drop
- GATIQUIN 0.3% W/V EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Cipla LtdRs. 10.40/ML of eye dropRs. 52pay 206% more per ML of eye drop
- GATIKIND 0.3% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 8.36/ML of eye dropRs. 41.80pay 146% more per ML of eye drop
- GATIBLU 0.3% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Lupin LtdRs. 6.80/ML of eye dropRs. 34pay 100% more per ML of eye drop
- ZENGAT 0.3% EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Klar Sehen Pvt LtdRs. 7.80/ML of eye dropRs. 39pay 129% more per ML of eye drop
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for GATIBLU 0.30% EYE DROP
- Avoid contact lenses if you have bacterial conjunctivitis or you are applying eye drops.
- Inform your doctor about your existing medical conditions, allergies, and all medicines that you use.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as you may have blurred vision after using gatifloxacin topical.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to gatifloxacin or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for GATIBLU 0.30% EYE DROP
Q.Does gatifloxacin topical contain sulfa?
Gatifloxacin topical does not contain sulfa. It is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic
Q.Is gatifloxacin topical the same as Zymaxid?
Zymaxid is the brand name for gatifloxacin eye solution
Q.Is gatifloxacin topical the same as ofloxacin?
Both gatifloxacin and ofloxacin are fluoroquinolone antibiotics and have the same mechanism of killing bacteria. Ofloxacin topical is used to treat eye and ear infections, whereas gatifloxacin is used in the form of eye/ear drops for the treatment of eye and ear infections only. They are also different with respect to the side-effects they cause
Q.Is gatifloxacin topical banned in India?
Gatifloxacin is banned in India for oral/injectable use in humans, however its use as eye/ear drops is not banned.