Information about Strontium Chloride
Strontium chloride uses
Strontium Chloride is used in the treatment of hypersensitivity, inflammation of gums and dental cavities.
How strontium chloride works
Strontium Chloride is an antibacterial medication. It works by strengthening the teeth and reducing the effects of acid and bacteria on the teeth. It also promotes tooth remineralization and stops dental cavities from progressing.
Common side effects of strontium chloride
No common side effects seen
Available Medicine for Strontium Chloride
- ₹158Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹32JK Biochem Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Strontium Chloride
- Brush your teeth for at least one minute, preferably after each meal, or at least twice a day, or as directed by your dentist.
- Do not use the Strontium Chloride for a duration of more than 4 weeks, unless recommended by a dentist.
- Notify the dentist if the problem persists or worsens. Sensitivity in the teeth may indicate a serious problem that may need prompt care by a dentist.
- For maximum effectiveness, avoid eating or drinking for 30 minutes after using the Strontium Chloride.
Frequently asked questions for Strontium Chloride
Q. Is stannous fluoride toothpaste safe?
Yes, stannous fluoride toothpaste is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does stannous fluoride stain teeth?
Yes, stannous fluoride stains the teeth but this can be reduced by proper brushing
Q. How does stannous fluoride kill bacteria?
Stannous fluoride exerts a killing effect on bacteria due to non-specific interaction with the bacterial membrane that causes membrane disruption leading to cell lysis and death.