food interaction for FLEXITAL
alcohol interaction for FLEXITAL
pregnancy interaction for FLEXITAL
lactation interaction for FLEXITAL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FLEXITAL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FLEXITAL
- TRENTAL 400 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 2.85/tabletRs. 42.68save 66% more per tablet
- TRENTAL 400 MG TABLET(30 tablet in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 2.85/tabletRs. 85.36save 66% more per tablet
- TRENTAL PINK UNA 400 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 2.85/tabletRs. 42.68save 66% more per tablet
- KINETAL 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 2.80/tabletRs. 27.97save 67% more per tablet
- FLOWPENT 400MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 2.78/tabletRs. 27.82save 67% more per tablet
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for FLEXITAL
- Do not use pentoxifylline if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to pentoxifylline or any other ingredient in the medicine.
- Do not use pentoxifylline if you have serious heart problems, if you had a stroke with bleeding in brain; or if you had bleeding in the eye.
- Patients taking pentoxifylline are advised to exercise caution while driving or operating machines.
- Do not stand up and raise from the bed quickly as it may cause dizziness.
Frequently asked questions for FLEXITAL
Q.Is pentoxifylline a blood thinner/ an anticoagulant/ a narcotic/ an antibiotic?
Pentoxifylline is not an anticoagulant or an antibiotic or a narcotic. Pentoxifylline is vasodilator (dilates blood vessels) and improves blood flow
Q.Is pentoxifylline safe?
Pentoxifylline is safe at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is pentoxifylline over the counter?
No. Pentoxifylline belongs to the schedule H and can be obtained only on production of valid prescription
Q.Does pentoxifylline work for Peyronie's disease?
Yes, pentoxifylline can be used for Peyronie's disease
Q.How does pentoxifylline work in alcoholic hepatitis?
Pentoxifylline may improve short-term survival in chronic alcoholic hepatitis
Q.Does pentoxifylline cause weight gain?
Pentoxifylline may cause weight gain but this is very rare side effect.