Medicine Overview of FENDROP PATCH
Side effects of FENDROP PATCH
Headache, Dizziness, Vomiting, Weakness, Dehydration, Nausea, Edema, Fatigue, Anemia, Constipation.
How to use FENDROP PATCH
Use this medicine in dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label before use. Make sure the skin is clean and dry. Remove the protective liner of the patch. Do not touch the sticky side. With sticky side down, place the patch evenly onto the skin.
How FENDROP PATCH works
Fendrop 50mcg patch decreases the perception of pain by blocking the transmission of pain signals to the brain.
In Depth Information on FENDROP PATCH
Expert advice for FENDROP PATCH
- Do not consume fentanyl in doses more than that as prescribed by the doctor as it has a potential for addiction.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience difficulty in breathing after administration fentanyl.
- Avoid exposure to high temperature conditions such sauna bath, hot tub bath, sun bathing as this may lead to increased absorption of fentanyl causing overdose and adverse effects.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking fentanyl as it may cause dizziness.
- Consult your doctor before taking fentanyl if you have breathing problems, low blood pressure, heart, liver, chronic lung or kidney diseases, brain tumor, head injury, or myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disease characterized by progressive weakness of muscles and unusual tiredness).
- Do not consume this drug if are allergic to fentanyl or any of its ingredients or any other opioid analgesic.
- Do not consume this drug if you are regularly using opioid medication for management of persistent pain.
- Patients who are suffering from mild pain should not consume this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are or planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
Special precautions for FENDROP 50MCG PATCH
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Fendrop 50mcg patch may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Fentanyl, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for FENDROP 50MCG PATCH
Frequently asked questions for Fentanyl
Q. Is fentanyl an opioid/ morphine/ barbiturate?
Fentanyl is an opioid analgesic. It is not morphine or barbiturate
Q. Is fentanyl addictive/ controlled substance?
Fentanyl is a controlled substance and has got addictive potential. Always follow the doctor's instruction regarding its use
Q. Does fentanyl cause constipation/ hypotension?
Fentanyl may cause constipation and hypotension. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.