Information about Fentanyl
How fentanyl works
Fentanyl decreases the perception of pain by blocking the transmission of pain signals to the brain.
Common side effects of fentanyl
Headache, Dizziness, Vomiting, Weakness, Dehydration, Nausea, Edema, Fatigue, Anemia, Constipation.
Available Medicine for Fentanyl
- ₹302 to ₹591Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹58Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1477 to ₹2846Janssen Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹40Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fentanyl
- Do not consume fentanyl in doses more than that as prescribed by the doctor as it has a potential for addiction.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience difficulty in breathing after administration fentanyl.
- Avoid exposure to high temperature conditions such sauna bath, hot tub bath, sun bathing as this may lead to increased absorption of fentanyl causing overdose and adverse effects.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking fentanyl as it may cause dizziness.
- Consult your doctor before taking fentanyl if you have breathing problems, low blood pressure, heart, liver, chronic lung or kidney diseases, brain tumor, head injury, or myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disease characterized by progressive weakness of muscles and unusual tiredness).
- Do not consume this drug if are allergic to fentanyl or any of its ingredients or any other opioid analgesic.
- Do not consume this drug if you are regularly using opioid medication for management of persistent pain.
- Patients who are suffering from mild pain should not consume this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are or planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Fentanyl
Q. Is fentanyl an opioid/ morphine/ barbiturate?
Fentanyl is an opioid analgesic. It is not morphine or barbiturate
Q. Is fentanyl addictive/ controlled substance?
Fentanyl is a controlled substance and has got addictive potential. Always follow the doctor's instruction regarding its use
Q. Does fentanyl cause constipation/ hypotension?
Fentanyl may cause constipation and hypotension. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.