Information about Fentanyl
Fentanyl is used for anesthesia.
How fentanyl works
Fentanyl is an opioid analgesic ( pain reliever). It works by decreasing the perception of pain by blocking the transmission of pain signals to the brain.
Common side effects of fentanyl
Headache, Dizziness, Vomiting, Weakness, Dehydration, Nausea, Edema (swelling), Fatigue, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Constipation
Available Medicine for Fentanyl
- ₹302 to ₹591Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹133Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1485 to ₹2859Janssen Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹50Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fentanyl
- Use Fentanyl as instructed by your doctor. Never take in greater amounts or more often than prescribed.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Fentanyl, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Store opioid pain relievers in a safe place and out of reach of others.
Frequently asked questions for Fentanyl
Q. Is fentanyl an opioid/ morphine/ barbiturate?
Fentanyl is an opioid analgesic. It is not morphine or barbiturate
Q. Is Fentanyl addictive/ controlled substance?
Fentanyl is a controlled substance and has got addictive potential. Always follow the doctor's instruction regarding its use
Q. Does Fentanyl cause constipation/ hypotension?
Fentanyl may cause constipation and hypotension. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.