Medicine Overview of Evomate Tablet
Uses of Evomate Tablet
Evomate 60mg Tablet is used in the treatment and prevention of post menopausal osteoporosis.
Side effects of Evomate Tablet
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Breast tenderness, Leg cramps, Rash, Abdominal pain, Flu-like symptoms, Dyspepsia, Breast pain.
How to use Evomate Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Evomate 60mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Evomate Tablet works
Evomate 60mg tablet works like estrogen, a natural female hormone to stop the bone loss that can develop in women after menopause.
In Depth Information on Evomate Tablet
Expert advice for Evomate Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you have if you have any type of cancer, heart failure, kidney disease, high triglycerides or liver disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are on estrogen therapy.
- Do not take calcium supplements unless advised by doctor. Taking calcium supplements more than recommended will not provide extra protection for your bones but may cause adverse side effects including kidney stones.
- Stop using raloxifene immediately if you develop: lumps in the breast, signs of stroke (sudden numbness or weakness), severe headache, slurred speech, vision problems; chest pain, sudden cough, wheezing, rapid breathing, coughing up blood; or pain, swelling, warmth, or redness in one or both legs.
- Avoid sitting still for long periods of time while you are taking raloxifene.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you observe bleeding / spotting from vagina during the treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Evomate 60mg Tablet
It is generally safe to consume alcohol with Evomate 60mg Tablet.
Evomate 60mg Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Evomate 60mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.+more
EVISTA may affect the development of the baby....
EVISTA may affect the development of the baby.
Evomate 60mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Evomate 60mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be advised in patients with moderate to severe renal impairment....
Caution should be advised in patients with moderate to severe renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Acitrom 4mg Tablet, Acenomac 3mg Tablet, Acenomac 1mg Tablet, Acenomac 2mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Evomate 60mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Raloxifene
No, Evomate is not a biophosphonate
It is safe if used for the dose and duration as recommended by your doctor
No, It's not a hormone/steroid however at times it mimics activity of estrogen
Q. Is raloxifene better than tamoxifen?
It has been observed that tamoxifen is slightly more effective in prevention of breast cancer in post-menopausal women that raloxifene, however raloxifene also plays a role in treating or preventing osteoporosis
Yes, Use of Evomate may cause weight gain or hot flushes
No, Evomate does not cause hair loss
No. Evomate does not lower cholesterol
It works by reducing the loss of bone tissue and acting on the bone cycle.