Medicine Overview of Evalon Cream
Evalon Cream is used for dryness in vagina.
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
Evalon Cream belongs to a class of medications called as estrogens. As a part of the hormone replacement therapy, it works by maintaining the estrogen levels in the body in menopausal women. It also reduces the vaginal wall from becoming thin and dry thereby reducing the associated symptoms.
In Depth Information on Evalon Cream
- Inform your doctor if you have had or have fibroids or endometriosis (presence of womb tissue outside the womb, most commonly over the ovaries), risk of estrogen dependent tumors (past history or family history of breast cancer, uterine cancer), increased blood pressure, heart or kidney dysfunction, diabetes mellitus, gallbladder stones (cholelithiasis), severe headache, fits (epilepsy), asthma, otosclerosis (abnormal formation of middle ear bone leading to deafness), increased levels of triglycerides, asthma or increased risk of blood clots.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience pain in your chest that spreads to arm or neck (angina), unexplained migraine-type headaches, with or without disturbed vision, painful swelling in your leg, sudden chest pain and difficulty breathing.
- Ensure that you undergo regular breast screening (for presence of lumps or any abnormal changes) and cervical smear test while taking estriol topical.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to estriol or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have a history of chest pain (angina) or a heart attack (myocardial infarction), blood clot (thrombosis), breast cancer or suspected to have breast cancer, cancer of the womb lining or ovaries.
- Do not use if you have unexplained vaginal bleeding.
- Do not use if you have excessive thickening of the womb lining (endometrial hyperplasia).
- Do not use if you have a history of liver diseases or impaired liver function.
- Do not use if you have serious hereditary disorder related to haemoglobin (porphyria).
Evalon Cream related warnings
No interaction found
Evalon Cream is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Evalon Cream is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
The baby's skin should not come into direct contact with the treated area of skin. Water-miscible cream/gel is preferred as ointments may expose the baby to harmful effects of Evalon Cream via licking.
It is not known whether Evalon Cream alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
There is limited information available on the use of Evalon Cream in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
This medicine contains estrogen which can cause fluid retention in patients with underlying kidney disease.
There is limited information available on the use of Evalon Cream in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Evalon Cream
Patients taking Evalon Cream What were the side-effects while using Evalon Cream? How do you take Evalon Cream? How much was the improvement? Please rate Evalon Cream on price What are you using Evalon Cream for?
Survey Participants: 31
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Evalon Cream. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Evalon Cream
Q. Is estriol cream safe?
Estriol cream is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is estriol the same as estradiol?
No. Estradiol is another form of estrogen hormone.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Evalon Cream: SCH, PNT, EQN, ADT, BTM, KHC, BHM, VRS, LHA, ARD, ESY, HSP, WHL, TOM, SWP, BHP, BAP, HAT, DVH, HTS, KMC, ZEL, AAY, SWA, SVH, HNP, SAF, MAM, GHR, MDO, TNH, MDH, RPI, FGH, JVO, EVP, SRG, SBA, JSL, THP, PMA, NVL, PEN, NVY, INC, DHR, SYN, OWP, SHD, SGH, NSL, RJH, PPR, GBL, ABP, OHM, OIP, NDP, DFP, NXG, ENP, TRP, SDM, GTC, BBS, VNS, PRN, SLN, WSI, ZVP, RUS, VDH, 9T9, BLE, MAK, RWP, SGC, BAL, IAD, NAS, DPP, HGI, RSS, DAO, HZF, AAR, MPC, SHP, ANT, PVP, PTI, P2P, HBV, USF, RDH, GPP, SJP, GPT, BSN, BDN, MMS, ATL, AYU, QTM, AGT, DPL, DGN, JIV, EMB, KHH, HEX, CLT, RHL, DLP, GTK, RSA, MAX, RPP, RHW, PWN, RKS, HMP, AYM, SSA, TFP, QLF, LCC, PLT, SBL, HIP, STA, DYG, OLT, MSD, NNH, ATP, GNC, BIO, JVN, NTB, MLC, IPL, BMJ, SHC, RDR, AMR, HPC, UMP