food interaction for ESOFAG
alcohol interaction for ESOFAG
pregnancy interaction for ESOFAG
lactation interaction for ESOFAG
medicine interaction for ESOFAG
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ESOFAG
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR ESOFAG 40 MG TABLET
Patients taking ESOFAG 40 MG TABLET
- 76%Once A Day
- 24%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR ESOFAG
- NEXPRO 40MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.87/tabletRs. 103pay 7% more per tablet
- SOMPRAZ 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 6.60/tabletRs. 66pay 3% more per tablet
- NEKSIUM 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Astra ZenecaRs. 9.90/tabletRs. 99pay 55% more per tablet
- NEXPRO FAST 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.20/tabletRs. 92pay 44% more per tablet
- ESOZ 40 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.47/tabletRs. 112pay 17% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR ESOFAG
- Get a blood test done to know the magnesium level in your body once a year; you may need a magnesium supplement while using the Esomeprazole,as a long-term treatment.
- Long-term use of the Esomeprazole can cause weak or broken bones.
- Take Esomeprazole immediately before a meal, preferably in the morning.
- Take Esomeprazole for the entire duration of the treatment, even if you begin to feel better.
Frequently asked questions FOR ESOFAG
Q. Is esomeprazole an antacid?
Esomeprazole (also known as Esomac, Esoz, Nexium, or Nexpro) is a proton pump inhibitor which decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach while antacids neutralize the stomach acid and raise the gastric pH
Q. Is esomeprazole available over the counter?
Esomeprazole is available as an over-the-counter medication. However, follow the doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Is esomeprazole/esomeprazole magnesium better than omeprazole / lansoprazole?
Esomeprazole, omeprazole, or lansoprazole belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does esomeprazole cause weight loss or weight gain?
Weight loss or weight gain can be seen with use of esomeprazole
Q. Can I take esomeprazole with paracetamol (acetaminophen), ranitidine, or domperidone?
Yes. You can take esomeprazole with paracetamol (acetaminophen), ranitidine, or domperidone
Q. Can I take esomeprazole with gaviscon (aluminum hydroxide and magnesium carbonate) or other antacids?
Depending upon individual's response, there should be an interval of at least 2 hours between the two drug administrations
Q. Does esomeprazole cause tinnitus?
It is possible that esomeprazole may rarely cause tinnitus. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q. Does esomeprazole contain lactose?
Esomeprazole contains lactose and sucrose.