Medicine Overview of Erbitux Infusion
Side effects of Erbitux Infusion
Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Conjunctivitis, Skin rash, Diarrhoea, Infusion reaction, Decreased magnesium level in blood, Increased liver enzymes.
How to use Erbitux Infusion
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How Erbitux Infusion works
Erbitux 100mg infusion is a monoclonal antibody that specifically binds to receptors on cancer cells. Thus it flags the cancer cells for destruction by the body's immune system.
In Depth Information on Erbitux Infusion
Expert advice for Erbitux Infusion
- Administration of anti-allergy medication including steroids is mandatory at least one hour before cetuximab infusion.
- Caution is to be observed while driving or using machinery after taking Cetuximab.
- Cetuximab may also adversely affect skin and eyes with symptoms like blurred vision, eye pain and dry eye.
- Frequent monitoring for infections and levels of white blood cells is required, if cetuximab is given with certain other anti-cancer drugs (platinum compounds like cisplatin, carboplatin, oxaliplatin).
- There is increased risk of occurrence of heart problems if cetuximab is given with certain other anti-cancer drugs (fluoropyrimidines like capecitabine, fluorouracil).
- Caution is to be observed in case of administering cetuximab to elderly patient with heart problems.
Special precautions for Erbitux 100mg Infusion
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Erbitux 100mg Infusion may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Erbitux 100mg Infusion is probably usafe to use during lacta+more
tion. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Erbitux 100mg Infusion may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Erbitux 100mg Infusion is probably safe to use in patients w+more
ith kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Erbitux 100mg Infusion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Erbitux+more
100mg Infusion in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Cetuximab, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Erbitux 100mg Infusion
Frequently asked questions for Cetuximab
Erbitux is a cytotoxic drug that is used in the chemotherapy of cancers of colon and rectum, and head-neck cancers
It is not a radiosensitizer, but usually used in combination with radiotherapy to treat the cancers. It is not a vesicant (irritant)
Yes, Erbitux is approved by US FDA in 2009 to treat certain type of cancer of colon, rectum and head-neck cancer
Erbitux is generally administered by intravenous (IV infusion) route, with or without radiotherapy
Yes. Erbitux is a chemotherapy agent, which may cause hair loss. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effect
Erbitux may cause rashes
Q. How long does the rash last?
The duration of skin rash depends upon its type and severity. Please consult your doctor for advice.
User Submitted Feedback For Erbitux 100mg Infusion
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
How do you take this medicine?
With or without food
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Cancer of colon and rectum
Substitutes for Erbitux
No substitutes found for this medicine