food interaction for ERBITUX
alcohol interaction for ERBITUX
pregnancy interaction for ERBITUX
lactation interaction for ERBITUX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ERBITUX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ERBITUXNo substitutes found
Expert advice for ERBITUX
- Administration of anti-allergy medication including steroids is mandatory at least one hour before cetuximab infusion.
- Caution is to be observed while driving or using machinery after taking Cetuximab.
- Cetuximab may also adversely affect skin and eyes with symptoms like blurred vision, eye pain and dry eye.
- Frequent monitoring for infections and levels of white blood cells is required, if cetuximab is given with certain other anti-cancer drugs (platinum compounds like cisplatin, carboplatin, oxaliplatin).
- There is increased risk of occurrence of heart problems if cetuximab is given with certain other anti-cancer drugs (fluoropyrimidines like capecitabine, fluorouracil).
- Caution is to be observed in case of administering cetuximab to elderly patient with heart problems.
Frequently asked questions for ERBITUX
Q.Is cetuximab a chemotherapy drug?
Cetuximab is a cytotoxic drug that is used in the chemotherapy of cancers of colon and rectum, and head-neck cancers
Q.Is cetuximab cytotoxic agent or vesicant or radiosensitizer?
It is not a radiosensitizer, but usually used in combination with radiotherapy to treat the cancers. It is not a vesicant (irritant)
Q.Is cetuximab US FDA approved?
Yes, cetuximab is approved by US FDA in 2009 to treat certain type of cancer of colon, rectum and head-neck cancer
Q.How is cetuximab administered?
Cetuximab is generally administered by intravenous (IV infusion) route, with or without radiotherapy
Q.Does cetuximab cause hair loss?
Yes. Cetuximab is a chemotherapy agent, which may cause hair loss. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effect
Q.Why does cetuximab cause a rash?
Cetuximab may cause rashes
Q.How long does the rash last?
The duration of skin rash depends upon its type and severity. Please consult your doctor for advice.