Medicine Overview of Entacom Tablet
Uses of Entacom Tablet
Entacom 200mg Tablet is used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Entacom Tablet
Nausea, Vomiting, Fatigue, Confusion, Angina pectoris, Constipation, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Nightmare, Hallucination, Increased sweating, Fall, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Urine discolouration.
How to use Entacom Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Entacom 200mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Entacom Tablet works
Entacom 200mg tablet works by increasing the amount of dopamine, a chemical messenger that is needed to control movements in the brain.
In Depth Information on Entacom Tablet
Expert advice for Entacom Tablet
- Seek advice if you experience any new, unusual, or increased urges (eg, gambling, sexual urges) while using entacapone.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop symptoms of Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (fever, stiff muscles, confusion, abnormal thinking, fast or irregular heartbeat, and sweating) which is a possibly fatal syndrome that can be caused by entacapone.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as entacapone may cause dizziness or drowsiness.
- Do not consume alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of entacapone.
- Avoid situations (such as hot weather, exercise) which may aggravate the side effects of entacapone (dizziness, light-headedness, or fainting). To prevent such side effects, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning.
- Take precautions to stay hydrated as entacapone may cause diarrhea, which typically begins within 4 to 12 weeks of starting the treatment. Seek immediate medical attention, if you have severe, persistent, or watery diarrhea.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Entacom 200mg Tablet
Entacom 200mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Entacom 200mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Entacom 200mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Entacom 200mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Entacom 200mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney+more
disease. No dose adjustment of Entacom 200mg Tablet is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Entacapone, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Entacom 200mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Entacapone
Q. Is entacapone a dopamine agonist?
No, entacapone is not a dopamine agonist
Yes, Entacom is a controlled substance and may not be available OTC
No, Entacom does not cross the blood brain barrier
No, Entacom does not lower blood pressure.
User Submitted Feedback For Entacom 200mg Tablet
Patients taking Entacom 200mg Tablet
Thrice A Day
Twice A Day
Four Times A Day
Once A Day
Once A Month
Once A Week
Substitutes for Entacom
No substitutes found for this medicine