Information about Dopamine
Dopamine is used in the treatment of Heart failure and Low blood pressure.
How dopamine works
Dopamine is a sympathomimetic agonist. It works on the receptors in the kidney, gut, brain and heart thereby relaxing the blood vessels in these organs. This restores the poor blood supply and oxygen delivery to these organs. It also causes an increase in urine production in the kidneys and protects them from injury.
Common side effects of dopamine
Headache, Palpitations, Increased heart rate, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
Available Medicine for Dopamine
- ₹27Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹26Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹150Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹28United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹36Vhb Life Sciences Inc1 variant(s)
- ₹25Xion Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹29Gland Pharma Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹30Ancalima Lifesciences Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46Oscar Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dopamine
- It is given into the vein as a drip by a healthcare professional.
- Regular monitoring of heartbeat, blood pressure, urine output, liver and kidney function is required while taking Dopamine.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Dopamine
Q. Is Dopamine a hormone/ a neurotransmitter/ a catecholamine/ a monoamine/ a chemical/ a stimulant/ a protein/ a vasopressor?
Dopamine is not a protein; it is a chemical, hormone, neurotransmitter, stimulant, monoamine, catecholamine and a vasopressor
Q. Does Dopamine cause vasodilation/ anxiety/ make you tired/increase libido/ increase systemic vascular resistance (svr)/ cause addiction?
Dopamine causes vasodilation and may increase systemic vascular resistance possibly when taken in high amounts. Dopamine use can lead to addiction
Q. Is Dopamine inhibitory or excitatory/ does Dopamine inhibit prolactin?
Dopamine is a special neurotransmitter because it is considered to be both excitatory and inhibitory. It is a prolactin inhibitor.