Information about Dopamine
How dopamine works
Dopamine makes the heart pump blood with more strength and force, therefore, increasing the blood pressure.
Common side effects of dopamine
Breathlessness, Headache, Nausea, Palpitations, Increased heart rate, Arrhythmia, Chest pain, Vomiting, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Dopamine
- ₹29 to ₹48Neon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹40Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹29Gland Pharma Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹28United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹295Neon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹46Oscar Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹26Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹22TTK Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹30Ancalima Lifesciences Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹30Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dopamine
- Your breathing, blood pressure, oxygen levels, kidney function, and other vital signs will be watched closely while you are receiving dopamine.
- Take precautions if you have or had any of the following medical conditions: coronary artery disease (hardened arteries), circulation problems such as Raynaud's syndrome, a history of blood clots, diabetes, frostbite, Buergers disease, asthma, sulfite allergy, or if you have used an MAO inhibitor in the last 21 days.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Dopamine
Q. Is Dopamine a hormone/ a neurotransmitter/ a catecholamine/ a monoamine/ a chemical/ a stimulant/ a protein/ a vasopressor?
Dopamine is not a protein; it is a chemical, hormone, neurotransmitter, stimulant, monoamine, catecholamine and a vasopressor
Q. Does Dopamine cause vasodilation/ anxiety/ make you tired/increase libido/ increase systemic vascular resistance (svr)/ cause addiction?
Dopamine causes vasodilation and may increase systemic vascular resistance possibly when taken in high amounts. Dopamine use can lead to addiction
Q. Is Dopamine inhibitory or excitatory/ does Dopamine inhibit prolactin?
Dopamine is a special neurotransmitter because it is considered to be both excitatory and inhibitory. It is a prolactin inhibitor.