Information about Dobutamine
Dobutamine is used in the treatment of decreased blood pressure.
How dobutamine works
Dobutamine makes the heart pump blood with more strength and force, therefore, increasing the blood pressure.
Common side effects of dobutamine
Headache, Injection site pain, Nausea, Shortness of breath, Palpitations, Chest pain, Increased white blood cell count (eosinophils), Increased blood pressure, Increased heart rate, Arrhythmia
Available Medicine for Dobutamine
- ₹368Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹380Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹320Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹209 to ₹365Oscar Remedies Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹56Gland Pharma Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹313United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹180 to ₹415Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹334Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹277Vhb Life Sciences Inc1 variant(s)
- ₹81Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dobutamine
- Do not drive or operate machinery while on dobutamine treatment.
- Seek medical advice for correction of hypovolemia with suitable volume expanders before treatment with dobutamine hydrochloride.
- You may be monitored for ECG and blood pressure continuously during the therapy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Dobutamine
Q. Is Dobutamine a pressor/ vasopressor?
Yes, Dobutamine is a vasopressor (agent that causes vasoconstriction of the blood vessels)
Q. Is Dobutamine a beta blocker?
No, Dobutamine is a beta agonist, not a beta blocker
Q. Is Dobutamine an inotrope/ positive inotrope?
Yes, Dobutamine is an inotrope
Q. Is Dobutamine a catecholamine?
Yes, Dobutamine is a catecholamin
Q. Is Dobutamine a vasodilator?
Dobutamine has got both vasoconstrictor and vasodilator properties. The net effect depends on the tone of blood vessels and the disease condition
Q. Is Dobutamine a vesicant?
Yes, Dobutamine is a vesicant (it may cause tissue blistering if it leaks out of the vein)
Q. Is dobutamine the same as dopamine?
Dopamine is a natural neurotransmitter present in the body; both dopamine and dobutamine are inotropic and stimulate the beta-1 receptors of the heart
Q. Does Dobutamine increase heart rate/ tachycardia?
Yes, increase in heart rate also known as tachycardia is a common side effect of Dobutamine
Q. Does Dobutamine decrease afterload/ preload?
No, Dobutamine does not have effects on afterload or preload
Q. Does Dobutamine increased stroke volume?
Yes, Dobutamine is known to increase stoke volume
Q. Does Dobutamine cause an increase/decrease in blood pressure?
Yes, Dobutamine may cause fluctuations in blood pressure
Q. Does Dobutamine increase urine output?
Yes, Dobutamine is known to cause an increase in urine output.