Information about Dobutamine
Dobutamine is used in the treatment of Heart failure and Low blood pressure.
How dobutamine works
Dobutamine is a sympathomimetic agonist. It works by activating the receptors in the heart. This makes the heart pump blood with more strength and force and increases its pumping capacity in conditions such as heart failure.
Common side effects of dobutamine
High blood pressure, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
Available Medicine for Dobutamine
- ₹380Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹445Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹182Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹320Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹196 to ₹209Oscar Remedies Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹56Gland Pharma Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹313United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹334Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹352Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹457Vhb Life Sciences Inc1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dobutamine
- It is given into the vein as a drip by a healthcare professional.
- Your doctor may perform regular blood tests to monitor the level of sodium and potassium in the blood.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Dobutamine
Q. Is Dobutamine a pressor/ vasopressor?
Yes, Dobutamine is a vasopressor (agent that causes vasoconstriction of the blood vessels)
Q. Is Dobutamine a beta blocker?
No, Dobutamine is a beta agonist, not a beta blocker
Q. Is Dobutamine an inotrope/ positive inotrope?
Yes, Dobutamine is an inotrope
Q. Is Dobutamine a catecholamine?
Yes, Dobutamine is a catecholamin
Q. Is Dobutamine a vasodilator?
Dobutamine has got both vasoconstrictor and vasodilator properties. The net effect depends on the tone of blood vessels and the disease condition
Q. Is Dobutamine a vesicant?
Yes, Dobutamine is a vesicant (it may cause tissue blistering if it leaks out of the vein)
Q. Is dobutamine the same as dopamine?
Dopamine is a natural neurotransmitter present in the body; both dopamine and dobutamine are inotropic and stimulate the beta-1 receptors of the heart
Q. Does Dobutamine increase heart rate/ tachycardia?
Yes, increase in heart rate also known as tachycardia is a common side effect of Dobutamine
Q. Does Dobutamine decrease afterload/ preload?
No, Dobutamine does not have effects on afterload or preload
Q. Does Dobutamine increased stroke volume?
Yes, Dobutamine is known to increase stoke volume
Q. Does Dobutamine cause an increase/decrease in blood pressure?
Yes, Dobutamine may cause fluctuations in blood pressure
Q. Does Dobutamine increase urine output?
Yes, Dobutamine is known to cause an increase in urine output.