food interaction for ENPIME
alcohol interaction for ENPIME
pregnancy interaction for ENPIME
lactation interaction for ENPIME
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ENPIME
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ENPIME
- MICROPIME 250MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Micro Labs LtdRs. 14.60/ML of injectionRs. 73save 70% more per ML of injection
- MAXICEF 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 67.70/injectionRs. 67.70pay 41% more per injection
- SCUD 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 76.10/injectionRs. 76.10pay 58% more per injection
- MAPIME 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Mapra Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 62.07/injectionRs. 62.07pay 29% more per injection
- CACHEPIME 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 33.75/injectionRs. 33.75save 30% more per injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for ENPIME
- Do not start or continue the cefepime and consult your doctor if you have kidney, liver or blood clotting disorder, stomach or bowel problems, poor nutrition, or if you are taking drugs like aminoglycosides (e.g. gentamycin) and diuretics (e.g. furosemide).
- Caution should be taken when given to the children < 2 months old or to patients with diabetes as it may affect the results for urine glucose tests.
Frequently asked questions for ENPIME
Q.Is cefepime beta lactam, penicillin, or sulfa drug?
Cefepime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is a beta lactam cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is cefepime broad spectrum bacteriostatic or bactericidal?
Cefepime is a broad spectrum bactericidal antibiotic
Q.Is cefepime compatible with lactated ringer's, normal saline, or vancomycin?
Cefepime is compatible with lactated ringer's or normal saline. Solutions of cefepime should not be added to vancomycin. However, if concurrent therapy with cefepime is indicated, vancomycin can be administered separately. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is cefepime a vesicant?
No, cefepime is not a vesicant drug
Q.What organisms does cefepime cover?
Cefepime is mainly effective against methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (mssa), gram-negative bacteria, klebsiella, Group B streptococci but not effective against enterococcus, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (mrsa), or anaerobes such as mycoplasma.