food interaction for ELOGEN
alcohol interaction for ELOGEN
pregnancy interaction for ELOGEN
lactation interaction for ELOGEN
Takind Desogestrel with alcohol may cause minor drug interactions which may not be clinically relevant in all patients.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ELOGEN
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ELOGEN
- FEMILON TABLET(21 tablets in strip)Organon (India) LtdRs. 9.24/tabletRs. 194pay 75% more per tablet
- INTIMACY PLUS 0.02 MG/0.15 MG TABLET(21 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.99/tabletRs. 104.86save 6% more per tablet
- OVULOC LD 0.02 MG/0.15 MG TABLET(28 tablets in strip)Serum Institute Of India LtdRs. 4.12/tabletRs. 115.50save 22% more per tablet
- JULIANA 0.02 MG/0.15 MG TABLET(21 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 6.29/tabletRs. 132pay 19% more per tablet
- FAMYCEPT KIT 0.02 MG/0.15 MG TABLET(21 tablets in strip)Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 8.33/tabletRs. 175pay 58% more per tablet
- Dr. Khalid J. FarooquiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Dheeraj KapoorMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Ambrish MithalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sfurti MannMBBS, MD, Diploma
Expert advice for ELOGEN
- Inform your doctor if you have had a uterus removal procedure or have any problems of the uterus (uterine fibroids, hyperplasia of the endometrium, uterus cancer).
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of blood clotting disorder, liver problems, gall bladder disorders (e.g. gall stones), high blood pressure, diabetes, hearing problems, breast cancer, heart problems, high levels of fats in blood or migraine.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience pain in your chest that spreads to arm or neck, unexplained migraine-type headaches, with or without disturbed vision, painful swelling in your leg, sudden chest pain and difficulty breathing.
- Ensure that you undergo regular breast screening (for presence of lumps or any abnormal changes) and cervical smear test while taking ethinylestradiol.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to ethinylestradiol or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if having recent blood clotting problems or related conditions like heart attack.
- Do not take if suffering from breast or uterus cancer.
- Do not take if suffering from untreated enlargement of inner wall of uterus (endometrial hyperplasia).
- Patients who have or had liver diseases (e.g. jaundice).
- Do not take if having any disorder related to haemoglobin (porphyria).
Frequently asked questions for ELOGEN
Q.Is ethinylestradiol good for acne?
Ethinylestradiol may help in acne treatment. However, it is strongly recommended that you consult your doctor for advice on best treatment option suitable your condition and needs.
Q.Is desogestrel androgenic/a progestin/ a combined pill?
Desogestrel is a new, potent progestogen with very low androgenic properties. It is not a combined pill; it is a progestogen-only-pill
Q.How does desogestrel work/ stop ovulation?
Desogestrel as a contraceptive, acts by preventing the egg cell from ripening and thus stops ovulation
Q.Is desogestrel safe/ dangerous/cause weight gain/ stop periods/ cause hair loss/ cause blood clots?
Desogestrel is safe in most women, if taken strictly at recommended dosage and duration. Common side effects of desogestrel include: weight gain, irregular or no periods, hair loss. Blood clot is a rare side effect of desogestrel
Q.Is desogestrel good for acne/help acne/cause acne?
Acne is a common side effect of desogestrel
Q.What is desogestrel and ethinyl estradiol/does desogestrel contain estrogen/ how does desogestrel and ethinyl estradiol work?
Desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol is a combination progesterone and estrogen birth control pill. It works by preventing ovulation, change the cervical mucus to prevent the sperm from reaching the egg and change the lining of the uterus to prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus
Q.Is desogestrel the same as cerazette/ same as feanolla?
Cerazette and feanolla are brand names for desogestrel.