Information about Ethinyl Estradiol + Desogestrel
Ethinyl Estradiol + Desogestrel Uses
Ethinyl Estradiol+Desogestrel is used for contraception. It may also be used in the treatment of irregular periods.
How Ethinyl Estradiol + Desogestrel works
Ethinyl Estradiol + Desogestrel is an oral contraceptive pill. It works by preventing the release of egg (ovulation) and affecting sperm movement in the womb to prevent its union with the egg. It also changes the lining of the womb and renders it unsuitable for pregnancy.
Common side effects of Ethinyl Estradiol + Desogestrel
Nausea, Stomach pain, Headache, Irregular uterine bleeding, Weight gain, Breast pain
Available Medicine for Ethinyl Estradiol + Desogestrel
FemilonOrganon (India) Ltd
NovelonOrganon (India) Ltd
Intimacy PlusAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹135 to ₹1382 variant(s)
LocipilCorona Remedies Pvt Ltd
FamyceptMylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
DesconMylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
DestrogenCorona Remedies Pvt Ltd
I ConEskag Pharma Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Ethinyl Estradiol + Desogestrel
- Your doctor has prescribed Ethinyl Estradiol + Desogestrel to help you prevent pregnancy.
- It also results in lighter, less painful and more regular menstrual bleeding.
- It may help reduce the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Take your pill at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- You may experience menstrual irregularities such as spotting or bleeding between menstrual periods or missed periods. Consult your doctor if this persists.
- Do not use Ethinyl Estradiol + Desogestrel if you are obese, over 35, smoke, on prolonged bed rest, or have a history of blood clots.
- Stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor immediately if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain, severe headache, or changes in vision. These could be symptoms of a blood clot in a vein.
- Stop taking Ethinyl Estradiol + Desogestrel and inform your doctor immediately if you notice your skin and whites of the eye turning yellow (jaundice), severe stomach pain, severe depression or if you think you could be pregnant.