food interaction for ELDEPRYL
alcohol interaction for ELDEPRYL
pregnancy interaction for ELDEPRYL
lactation interaction for ELDEPRYL
medicine interaction for ELDEPRYL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ELDEPRYL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ELDEPRYL
- SELGIN 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.65/tabletRs. 46.50pay 48% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR ELDEPRYL
- Inform the doctor if you are suffering from hypertension, chest pain, palpitation (thumping, pounding or fluttering sensation in the chest), irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia), liver or kidney problems, stomach ulcers, sleep problems, glucose intolerance, and phenylketonuria (an inherited condition in which a special diet must be followed to prevent mental retardation).
- Inform the doctor if you are being treated for any mental illness or have history of any unusual urges and/or behaviors (such as excessive gambling or excessive sexual behavior).
- Seek advice if you are planning to undergo any surgery as selegiline may interfere with general anaesthetics.
- Do not drink alcohol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not drive or operate any machinery if selegiline affects your alertness.
- At least 14 days should lapse between the discontinuation of selegiline and initiation of treatment with any drug known to interact with selegiline such as moclobemide, rasagiline, antidepressants, etc.
Frequently asked questions FOR ELDEPRYL
Q. Is selegiline safe?
Selegiline is safe if used at doses and for duration advised by your doctor
Q. Is selegiline a stimulant?
Selegiline can stimulate the brain to cause mood changes, anxiety, agitation, hallucinations, confusion, sleep disturbances etc
Q. Is selegiline addictive?
Selegiline is not addictive
Q. Is selegiline a dopamine agonist?
Selegiline is not a dopamine agonist. It enhances the action of dopamine (either natural dopamine or dopamine obtained from conversion of levodopa) in brain by preventing its breakdown
Q. Does selegiline need to be tapered?
Selegiline needs to be tapered and should not be suddenly stopped as it may cause fever, sweating, stiff muscles, and loss of consciousness if abruptly discontinued
Q. Is selegiline neuroprotective?
Selegiline is neuroprotective as it slows the progression of Parkinson's disease
Q. Does selegiline cause weight loss/weight gain?
Selegiline causes weight loss.