SALT INFORMATIONIsoxsuprine(10 mg)
Isoxsuprine is used in the treatment of certain blood vessel diseases and in other conditions involving reduced blood flow in the veins and arteries. It is also used in threatened abortion and premature labor and night cramps.
How it works
Isoxsuprine acts by relaxing the veins and arteries and making them wider to increase the blood flow to certain parts of the body.
Common side effects
Chest pain, Dizziness, Skin rash, Stomach pain, Tachycardia, Vomiting, Flushing, Warm sensation, Weakness
- TIDILAN 10 MG TABLET(30 tablet in strip)Juggat PharmaRs. 1.94/tabletRs. 58.20save 7% more per tablet
- SUPROX 10 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Ind Swift Laboratories LtdRs. 2.33/tabletRs. 23.29pay 12% more per tablet
- GESTAKIND 10 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 1.98/tabletRs. 19.80save 5% more per tablet
- PREGNIN RETARD 10 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Overseas Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 7.12/tabletRs. 71.20pay 242% more per tablet
- ADILAN 10 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Albert David LtdRs. 1.80/tabletRs. 18save 13% more per tablet
- Do not drive, operate machinery, or performing other hazardous activities while taking isoxsuprine as it may cause dizziness.
- Also, rise slowly from a sitting or lying position to avoid falling.
- Consult your doctor if you experience a rash or bothersome irregular heartbeats while taking isoxsuprine.
- Consult your doctor before taking isoxsuprine if you have bleeding disorders, glaucoma, heart disease.
- Take special precautions while taking isoxsuprine if you are >65 years; having surgery, including dental surgery; or if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is isoxsuprine safe during pregnancy?
There are no controlled studies in pregnant women. Isoxsuprine should be given only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Why is isoxsuprine used in pregnancy?
Isoxsuprine is used for threatened abortion and premature labor; habitual abortion.
Q. Is isoxsuprine available in India?
Yes. It is available in India. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.