Information about Isoxsuprine
Isoxsuprine is used in preterm labor.
How isoxsuprine works
Isoxsuprine relaxes the muscles of the uterus and prevents preterm delivery.
Common side effects of isoxsuprine
Available Medicine for Isoxsuprine
- ₹18 to ₹123Abbott4 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹88Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹63 to ₹85Juggat Pharma2 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹60Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹79Albert David Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹59Akumentis Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹63Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹81Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹72Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹49Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Isoxsuprine
- Do not drive, operate machinery, or performing other hazardous activities while taking isoxsuprine as it may cause dizziness.
- Also, rise slowly from a sitting or lying position to avoid falling.
- Consult your doctor if you experience a rash or bothersome irregular heartbeats while taking isoxsuprine.
- Consult your doctor before taking isoxsuprine if you have bleeding disorders, glaucoma, heart disease.
- Take special precautions while taking isoxsuprine if you are >65 years; having surgery, including dental surgery; or if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for Isoxsuprine
Q. What is isoxsuprine hydrochloride?
Isoxsuprine is a vasodilator (causes widening of blood vessels). It also causes direct relaxation of uterine and vascular smooth muscle.
Q. What is Isoxsuprine used for?
Isoxsuprine is given orally for the treatment of peripheral vascular disease. Peripheral artery disease (PAD) is a narrowing of the arteries other than those that supply the heart or the brain. Peripheral artery disease most commonly affects the legs, but other arteries may also be involved. The classic symptom is leg pain when walking which resolves with rest, known as intermittent claudication. Other symptoms including skin ulcers, bluish skin, cold skin, or poor nail and hair growth may occur in the affected leg. <br>The injectable form of Isoxsuprine is used to arrest premature labor (labor starting before 37 weeks of pregnancy).
Q. Does Isoxsuprine work?
Isoxsuprine works if used for the right indication at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by the doctor.
Q. How much does Isoxsuprine cost?
The cost of Isoxsuprine will vary according to the brand and the formulation. Please refer the pack of the medicine to know the cost.
Q. Is Isoxsuprine safe in pregnancy?
Isoxsuprine should be taken during pregnancy only if it is considered necessary to be used by your doctor.