Information about Isoxsuprine
How isoxsuprine works
Isoxsuprine is a beta-2 agonist. It works by preventing the contractions of the smooth muscles in the uterus. This prevents premature labor.
Common side effects of isoxsuprine
Dizziness, Palpitations, Increased heart rate
Available Medicine for Isoxsuprine
- ₹20 to ₹138Abbott4 variant(s)
- ₹31 to ₹96Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹104Juggat Pharma4 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹72Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹79Albert David Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹69Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹8 to ₹71Akumentis Healthcare Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹78Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹89Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹53Rekvina Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Isoxsuprine
- You have been prescribed Isoxsuprine for the treatment of premature labor.
- It may also be used in the treatment of peripheral vascular diseases.
- Avoid stress or any kind of strenuous activity to prevent premature labor
- Isoxsuprine may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Inform your doctor if you experience a rash or irregular heartbeats or if you have bleeding disorders, glaucoma, or heart disease.
Frequently asked questions for Isoxsuprine
Q. What is Isoxsuprine and what is it used for?
Isoxsuprine belongs to the group of medicines called vasodilators and uterine relaxants. It is used in the treatment of premature labor, a condition when uterus starts contracting too early than usual. It may also be used in the treatment of peripheral vascular diseases.
Q. How and in what dose should I take Isoxsuprine?
Take this medicine, as per the advice of your doctor. The dose and duration depend on your exact medical condition. However take it at the same time of each day, to help you remember it.
Q. What precautions do I need to take while taking Isoxsuprine?
You should consult your doctor, immediately if your contractions begin again or your water breaks.
Q. What are the possible side effects of using Isoxsuprine?
The common side effects of Isoxsuprine are trembling, nervousness, weakness, dizziness, flushing, tachycardia, chest pain, nausea, and vomiting. If any of these side effects bother you, consult with your doctor.