Medicine Overview of DPRESSIN NASAL SPRAY
Uses of DPRESSIN NASAL SPRAY
Dpressin nasal spray is used in the treatment of central diabetes insipidus and bed-wetting.
Side effects of DPRESSIN NASAL SPRAY
Headache, Stomach pain, Nausea.
How to use DPRESSIN NASAL SPRAY
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Blow your nose gently. Insert the bottle tip into one nostril and close the other nostril. Keep the head upright. Breath in while pressing the bottle. Repeat in other nostril.
How DPRESSIN NASAL SPRAY works
Dpressin nasal spray have the same structure as that of the natural hormone vasopressin. Vasopressin lowers the amount of urine and bleeding by constricting (narrowing) the blood vessels which, in turn, prevents the loss of water from the body.
In Depth Information on DPRESSIN NASAL SPRAY
Expert advice for DPRESSIN NASAL SPRAY
- Consult your doctor if you are suffering from any of the following conditions: kidney disease, heart diseases such as coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, high/low blood pressure, abnormal levels of sodium/potassium in blood (electrolyte imbalance), cystic fibrosis or any psychological condition causing unusual thirst; asthma, epilepsy (fits) or migraine headache.
- Restricting the intake of water or other fluids is very important while taking desmopressin. Drinking excess water during desmopressin therapy may cause life-threatening electrolyte imbalance, and may also cause fits. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully about fluid intake.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Restrict consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Low doses of desmopressin should be taken without food for better effect.
Special precautions for DPRESSIN NASAL SPRAY
No interaction found
Dpressin nasal spray is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
There is no interaction between driving and consuming this drug. So dose alteration is not needed.
contraindicated in patients with moderate to severe renal impairment
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Desmopressin, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for DPRESSIN 0.1MG/ML NASAL SPRAY
Frequently asked questions for Desmopressin
Q. Does desmopressin cause weight gain/increase in blood pressure/constipation?
Desmopressin may cause weight gain or increase in blood pressure as its side effects. It is not known to cause constipation. Consult your doctor if you observe any such symptoms after taking this medicine
Q. Is desmopressin the same as vasopressin?
Desmopressin is a man-made form of hormone similar to vasopressin. Vasopressin is a natural hormone present in body which regulates the amount of water that body uses
Q. Is desmopressin a steroid?
Desmopressin is not a steroid
Q. Does desmopressin acetate work/Is it safe?
Desmopressin/ desmopressin acetate is safe and effective if taken as per the dose and duration prescribed by a doctor. Please follow your doctor's instructions carefully about usage of this drug
Q. Is desmopressin a psychotropic medication?
Yes. Desmopressin is a psychotropic medication
Q. Is it a diuretic?
It is not a diuretic.