Information about Ketorolac
Ketorolac is used in fever, Headache, arthralgia, myalgia, dental pain, post operative pain, Pain during menstruation, Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis and gout.
How ketorolac works
Ketorolac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of ketorolac
Abdominal pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Epigastric pain, Flatulence, Nausea, Vomiting, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Ketorolac
- ₹26 to ₹60Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹28Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹50Indoco Remedies Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹33Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹29Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹54Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹54Syntho Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹55Optho Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹80Raymed Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹48Pharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ketorolac
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Ketorolac can raise a risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Ketorolac
Q. Is Ketorolac stronger than hydrocodone?
No, Ketorolac is not stronger than hydrocodone. Opioid agents (hydrocodone) are generally stronger pain relievers than a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug like Ketorolac.
Q. Is Ketorolac a muscle relaxant?
No, Ketorolac is not a muscle relaxant. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug and can be used to treat mild pain and inflammation.
Q. Is Ketorolac addictive or controlled substance?
No. Ketorolac is not addictive or controlled substance however it can be obtained only on production of valid prescription.
Q. Does Ketorolac expire?
Like all drugs, Ketorolac has an expiry date, which will be printed on the eye drop bottle. Do not use Ketorolac eye drops beyond expiry date.