food interaction for DK (HEGDE& HEGDE)
alcohol interaction for DK (HEGDE& HEGDE)
pregnancy interaction for DK (HEGDE& HEGDE)
lactation interaction for DK (HEGDE& HEGDE)
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DK (HEGDE& HEGDE)
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for DK 2% W/W GEL
Patients taking DK 2% W/W GEL
- 50%Twice A Day
- 50%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for DK (HEGDE& HEGDE)
- DAKTARIN 2%W/W GEL(20 GM gel in tube)Janssen PharmaceuticalsRs. 3.33/GM of gelRs. 66.50save 24% more per GM of gel
- M C 2% W/W GEL(30 GM gel in tube)Monichem Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 2.17/GM of gelRs. 65save 51% more per GM of gel
- Dr. Sheilly KapoorMBBS, MD
- Dr. Chiranjiv ChhabraMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Pooja AggarwalMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Atula GuptaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for DK (HEGDE& HEGDE)
- Avoid direct contact of cream/ gel with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from liver problems, blood disease or if you have been exposed to HIV or if you have stomach, shoulder, or lower back pain, fever, chills, nausea, foul-smelling vaginal discharge or vomiting.
- Tell your doctor if you often have vaginal yeast infections (e.g., once a month or 3 in 6 months).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to miconazole or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have kidney or liver problems.
- Oral gel should not be used in infants <4 months of age.
Frequently asked questions for DK (HEGDE& HEGDE)
Q.Can miconazole/ Monistat be used for conditions for BV (bacterial vaginosis), ring worms, and urinary tract infections?
Yes, miconazole can be used for BV (bacterial vaginosis). It is used for treatment and prevention of fungal infections of the oral cavity, ring worms and superinfections due to gram-positive bacteria. Miconazole can be taken in rare fungal infections of the urinary tract
Q.Does miconazole cause burning sensation?
Yes, burning sensation on the skin and vaginal burning can be seen with use of miconazole
Q.Does miconazole cause dry skin?
No, miconazole is not known to cause drying of skin
Q.Is miconazole safe for babies?
Yes, miconazole topical is safe for babies. It may be used in nappy rashes and oral fungal infections, as advised by the doctor. However, oral gel should not be used in infants < 4 months of age
Q.Is miconazole a steroid?
No, miconazole is not a steroid. It is an imidazole (organic compound) and belongs to the class of antifungal agents
Q.Is miconazole same as ketoconazole?
Both miconazole and ketoconazole are antifungal medicines. However, they are prescribed for different type of fungal infections
Q.Does miconazole work for yeast infections?
Yes, miconazole works for oral and vaginal yeast infections.