How it works
Common side effects
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- If you experience skin rash or hives.
- If you experience swelling of your face, eyes, lips, tongue or throat.
- If you experience trouble swallowing or breathing.
- If you experience abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge.
- If you are suffering from liver problems or any other underlying diseases.
- If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- If you are breast-feeding or plan to breast-feed.
Frequently asked questions
Q.Can miconazole/ Monistat be used for conditions for BV (bacterial vaginosis), ring worms, and urinary tract infections?
Yes, miconazole can be used for BV (bacterial vaginosis). It is used for treatment and prevention of fungal infections of the oral cavity, ring worms and superinfections due to gram-positive bacteria. Miconazole can be taken in rare fungal infections of the urinary tract
Q.Does miconazole cause burning sensation?
Yes, burning sensation on the skin and vaginal burning are common side effects of miconazole
Q.Does miconazole cause dry skin?
No, miconazole is not known to have the side effect to cause drying of skin
Q.Is miconazole safe for babies?
Yes, miconazole is safe for babies. It may be used in nappy rashes and oral fungal infections as advised by your doctor
Q.Is miconazole a steroid?
No, miconazole is not a steroid. It is an imidazole (organic compound) and belongs to class of antifungal agents
Q.Is miconazole same as ketoconazole?
Both miconazole and ketoconazole are antifungal medicines. However, they are prescribed for different type of fungal infections
Q.Can I take miconazole with fluconazole?
Taking two antifungal agents may have additive effect and have pronounced side effects. Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Does miconazole work for yeast infections?
Yes, miconazole works for oral and vaginal yeast infections
Q.Does miconazole expire?
Yes, antifungals like miconazole have an expiry date. Read instruction on the pack for the date of expiry
Q.Is miconazole an OTC (over the counter)?
No, miconazole cannot be bought over the counter. It needs prescription of a qualified doctor.