food interaction for DECAMYCIN
alcohol interaction for DECAMYCIN
pregnancy interaction for DECAMYCIN
lactation interaction for DECAMYCIN
medicine interaction for DECAMYCIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR DECAMYCIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR DECAMYCIN
- DECDAN 4 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Wockhardt LtdRs. 2.90/ML of injectionRs. 5.81pay 72% more per ML of injection
- DEXASONE 4 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.93/ML of injectionRs. 7.86pay 133% more per ML of injection
- DEXAJECT 4MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Sterkem Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 4.58/ML of injectionRs. 9.17pay 172% more per ML of injection
- RAVICORT 4MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Ravian Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.75/ML of injectionRs. 9.51pay 182% more per ML of injection
- DECAMYCIN 4 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2.90/ML of injectionRs. 5.81pay 72% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR DECAMYCIN
- Do not use dexamethasone, if you are allergic to it in case of eye drops, do not touch the tip of dispenser to an eye or eyelid.
- Do not use dexamethasone eye drops if you have glaucoma or diabetes.
- Do not stop using dexamethasone suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
- Talk to your doctor about how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when stopping the medication.
- Do not use dexamethasone oral solution:you have a fungal infection that affects entire body if you have a stomach or duodenal ulcer.
- Consult your doctor before taking dexamethasone oral solution, if you have kidney or liver problems or if you have high blood pressure, heart disease or you have recently had a heart attack.
Frequently asked questions FOR DECAMYCIN
Q. Are decadron and prednisone same as dexamethasone?
No. Decadron is a brand name of dexamethasone. Prednisone, however, is entirely different drug. Both drugs however belong to a same class of medications called corticosteroids
Q. Is dexamethasone a narcotic, sulfa drug, NSAID or controlled substance?
No. Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid drug which shows anti-inflammatory action. It is not a controlled substance or sulfa drug. It can be obtained only on production of valid prescription
Q. Does dexona cause weight gain/ cause fluid retention/ heart burn/ hungry/ keep you awake/ drowsiness?
Dexona is the brand name of dexamethasone tablet, a corticosteroid. It may cause weight gain due to fluid retention properties. It should be noted that the fluid retention is a side effect of dexona and not the use. It is also known to cause heart burn and increased appetite. It does not cause drowsiness or insomnia. However, if you experience such side effects, always consult your doctor
Q. Is dexamethasone safe?
Dexamethasone is safe if used at prescribed doses and at prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve or naproxen with dexamethasone?
Advil is the brand name of ibuprofen while Aleve is the brand name of naproxen. Dexamethasone should not be used in combination with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen, diclofenac, naproxen etc., since it can cause stomach ulceration and bleeding
Q. Can I take dexamethasone with ciprofloxacin?
Taking ciprofloxacin along with dexamethasone tablet may cause inflammation of tendon and tendon rupture especially in elderly. Hence taking this drug combination is not advisable
Q. Can I take paracetamol, Tylenol or Benadryl with dexamethasone?
No major or clinically significant drug interaction is found with the said drugs. However, always consult your doctor before using these drugs
Q. Can I take tums with dexamethasone?
Minor interaction between dexamethasone and tums (calcium carbonate) are reported in certain cases. Always consult your doctor before using this combination
Q. Can I take Xanax with dexamethasone?
Minor interaction between dexamethasone and Xanax (alprazolam) are reported in certain cases. Always consult your doctor before using this combination
Q. Is dexamethasone safe for toddlers?
It is safe if used as per indication and doses advised by the doctor
Q. What are the uses of dexona tablet and injection?
Dexona tablets and injections are used to treat decreased adrenal gland function and inflammatory conditions like asthma and allergy.