food interaction for CYMEVENE
alcohol interaction for CYMEVENE
pregnancy interaction for CYMEVENE
lactation interaction for CYMEVENE
medicine interaction for CYMEVENE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CYMEVENE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CYMEVENE
- GANGUARD 500 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 1650/injectionRs. 1650save 2% more per injection
- NATCLOVIR 500 MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Natco Pharma LtdRs. 173.50/ML of injectionRs. 1735save 90% more per ML of injection
- CYTOGAN 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 2025/injectionRs. 2025pay 20% more per injection
- GAVIR 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 1752.81/injectionRs. 1752.81pay 4% more per injection
Expert advice FOR CYMEVENE
- Ganciclovir should be preferably taken with food.
- Ganciclovir is not recommended in children.
- Do not drive or operate machinery if you experience visual disturbances due to instillation in eyes, or if you experience convulsion, sedation, dizziness, ataxia and/or confusion.
- Your blood cell counts should be monitored while on treatment with ganciclovir especially if you have kidney disorders.
- Do not take ganciclovir along with imipenem-cilastatin as it may cause seizures (fits).
Frequently asked questions FOR CYMEVENE
Q. Is ganciclovir a vesicant/ antibiotic?
No, ganciclovir is not a vesicant/ an antibiotic
Q. Is ganciclovir?
Yes, ganciclovir is dialyzabl
Q. Is ganciclovir a chemotherapy drug?
Yes, ganciclovir is a chemotherapy used for the treatment of viral infections. Do not confuse it with chemotherapy or chemo drugs used for the treatment of cancer
Q. Is ganciclovir nephrotoxic?
Yes, ganciclovir is known to have nephrotoxicity (toxic to kidneys)
Q. Is ganciclovir a protease inhibitor?
No, ganciclovir is not a protease inhibitor; it belongs to synthetic nucleoside analogues class of antivirals
Q. Does ganciclovir cover hsv (hepes simplex virus)?
Yes, ganciclovir may be used to treat hsv (hepes simplex virus)
Q. How does ganciclovir cause myelosuppression?
Ganciclovir is directly toxic to colony forming stem cells inside bone marrow which is responsible for RBCs, WBCs and platelets formation, thereby causing myelosuppression.