Medicine Overview of Ctop Gel
Uses of Ctop Gel
Ctop 1% Gel is used in the treatment of acne.
How to use Ctop Gel
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
How Ctop Gel works
Ctop 1% gel is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Ctop Gel
Expert advice for Ctop Gel
- Discontinue use of topical clindamycin and contact your doctor immediately, if you experience diarrhea or bloody diarrhea.
- Avoid vaginal intercourse or use of other intravaginal products such as tampons or douches while using clindamycin cream.
- Clindamycin cream contains mineral oil that may weaken latex products (condoms and diaphragms) and may not provide adequate birth control. Therefore, do not use these products within 72 hours of using clindamycin cream.
- Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to clindamycin, lincomycin or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have Crohn’s disease (a chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines), antibiotic-associated colitis (colon inflammation).
Special precautions for Ctop 1% Gel
No interaction found
Ctop 1% Gel is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Ctop 1% Gel is probably safe to use during lactation. Limit+more
ed human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Ctop 1% Gel does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Ctop 1% Gel is probably safe to use in patients with kidney+more
disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Ctop 1% Gel may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Ctop 1%+more
Gel in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Ctop 1% Gel
Frequently asked questions for Clindamycin Topical
Q. Can I use clindamycin with a penicillin allergy?
Clindamycin is considered safe for use in patients with a penicillin allergy
Q. Does clindamycin treat acne scars?
Clindamycin can prevent the formation of new scars by preventing formation of new acne, but will not be useful for the scars already formed
Q. Can clindamycin cream cause thrush?
Yes. Use of clindamycin cream may cause thrush (a type of fungal or yeast infection) in rare cases.
Substitutes for Ctop Gel
Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹4.29/gm of Gel
Canixa Life Sciences Pvt
₹5.25/gm of Gel
Clinlup 1% Gel
₹1.59/gm of Gel
MIMOSEE 1% GEL
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹2.14/gm of Gel
Clindy 1% Gel
Group Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹2.26/gm of Gel