Information about Clindamycin
Clindamycin is used in the treatment of Bacterial infections.
How clindamycin works
Clindamycin is an antibiotic. It stops the bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of clindamycin
Vomiting, Nausea, Joint pain, Difficulty in swallowing, Heartburn, Vaginal discharge, Vaginal irritation, Vaginal swelling, Vaginal itching, White spots in the mouth, White patches on the tongue, White spots in the throat
Available Medicine for Clindamycin
- ₹135 to ₹311Pfizer Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹171Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹141Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹102 to ₹191United Biotech Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹142 to ₹248Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹109 to ₹225Gland Pharma Limited2 variant(s)
- ₹135 to ₹221Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹143Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹195United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹78 to ₹142Captab Biotec2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clindamycin
- If you get diarrhea that is watery or bloody, stop using this medicine and call your doctor.
- If you are taking birth control pills while taking clindamycin take a secondary measure of birth control. Please consult your doctor regarding the same.
- Consult your doctor if you have or have ever had asthma, allergies, eczema (sensitive skin that often becomes itchy or irritated) or kidney or liver disease.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding, if you become pregnant while taking clindamycin, call your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Clindamycin
Q. Is clindamycin/Clindac/Dalacin a steroid, sulfa drug, cephalosporin, or a penicillin?
Clindamycin belongs to a group of antibiotics called lincosamide antibiotics. Clindamycin is not a cephalosporin, penicillin, or a sulpha drug and does not contain sulpha
Q. Is Clindamycin good for strep throat, urinary tract infection, sinus infection, sore throat, bladder infection, yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis and ear infection?
Clindamycin can be used to treat strep throat, sore throat, sinus infection, bladder infection, yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis and ear infection. Clindamycin can be used but is not the first choice of drug for urinary tract infection
Q. Is Clindamycin safe?
Clindamycin is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Clindamycin over-the-counter drug?
Clindamycin is not an over the counter drug. It is a prescription drug
Q. Can I take clindamycin with Advil (ibuprofen), tramadol, Benadryl, and Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone)?
Clindamycin may be taken with ibuprofen, tramadol, Benadryl and Suboxone. Always consult your doctor before use
Q. Can I take clindamycin with a penicillin allergy?
Clindamycin is considered safe for use in patients with a penicillin allergy
Q. Does Clindamycin treat acne scars?
Clindamycin can prevent the formation of new scars by preventing formation of new acne, but will not be useful for the scars already formed
Q. Can Clindamycin cream cause thrush?
Yes, Clindamycin cream may cause thrush with prolonged use or if you are prone to fungal infections.