Information about Clindamycin
Clindamycin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used in infections of the skin such as acne (Pimples), abdomen, bone, skin, heart and soft tissues. It also used in post-operative infections.
How Clindamycin works
Clindamycin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Thus, it stops the bacteria from growing, and prevents the infection from spreading.
Common side effects of Clindamycin
Abnormal liver function tests, Abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Pseudomembranous colitis, Maculopapular rash, Injection site irritation, Thrombophlebitis
Available Medicine for Clindamycin
CLIDBennet Pharmaceuticals Limited
₹60 to ₹2736 variant(s)
₹131 to ₹5004 variant(s)
₹109 to ₹2742 variant(s)
ClindatecUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
₹110 to ₹2384 variant(s)
Clindac AAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹225 to ₹4904 variant(s)
ClindatimeMankind Pharma Ltd
₹72 to ₹3993 variant(s)
AcnesolSystopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹76 to ₹953 variant(s)
₹119 to ₹2756 variant(s)
LeefordLeeford Healthcare Ltd
₹20 to ₹875124 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clindamycin
- Your doctor has prescribed Clindamycin to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before you start treatment with this antibiotic.
- Stop taking Clindamycin and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.