Medicine Overview of Cozabal Tablet
Side effects of Cozabal Tablet
Nausea, Headache, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain.
How to use Cozabal Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Cozabal 750mg Tablet with food.
How Cozabal Tablet works
Cozabal 750mg tablet blocks the release of chemical messengers that cause inflammation of the lining of the intestines.
In Depth Information on Cozabal Tablet
Expert advice for Cozabal Tablet
- Balsalazide is for short-term use only. Do not take this medication for > 8 weeks in children (5-17 years) and > 12 weeks in adults unless advised.
- Tell your doctor if you have or had liver or kidney disease or pyloric stenosis (a condition in which the stomach empties slowly).
- Balsalazide may sometimes worsen the colitis symptoms causing fever, stomach pain, cramps, or bloody diarrhea. Seek immediate medical advice if you experience any such symptoms.
- Do not use balsalazide capsules in children < 5 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking balsalazide, call your doctor immediately.
Special precautions for Cozabal 750mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Cozabal 750mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Cozabal 750mg Tablet should be used with caution during lact+more
ation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Cozabal 750mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Cozabal 750mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment....
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Purinetone 50mg Tablet, Azap 50mg Tablet, Azoprine 50mg Tablet, Thiopress 50mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Balsalazide, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Cozabal 750mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Balsalazide
Yes, Cozabal may cause weight gain
No, Cozabal does not contain sulfa
No it does not contain mesalamine but it is a prodrug that is enzymatically cleaved in the colon to produce mesalamine
Cozabal is an anti-inflammatory drug and releases mesalamine in the large intestine
Cozabal works inside the intestines (bowel) to reduce the inflammation and other symptoms of the disease called ulcerative colitis
In patients with acute ulcerative colitis, Cozabal led to greater remission rates and tolerance than asacol (mesalamine). Cozabal is more effective and better tolerated than mesalamine as a treatment for acute ulcerative colitis.
Substitutes for Cozabal Tablet
Balsacol 750mg Capsule
Gufic Bioscience Ltd