Drug interaction for CLOZE
No relation with food but take it at a consistent time daily with respect to food.
May cause excessive drowsiness and sedation with alcohol
Weigh benefit versus risk during pregnancy. Consult your doctor.
Unsafe during breast-feeding. Consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CLOZEClonazepam(0.5 mg)
Cloze 0.5 mg tablet is used to treat fits (epilepsy or seizures) and sudden, unexpected attacks of extreme fear, and worry about these attacks (panic disorder) with or without the fear of public places (agoraphobia).
How it works
Cloze 0.5 mg tablet belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. The exact mechanism of action of Cloze 0.5 mg tablet is unknown; it is however believed to enhance the action of a signaling chemical called gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain, which helps to calm the excessive electrical nerve activity that is responsible for causing fits (seizures) and panic disorders.
Common side effects
Frequent urge to urinate, Memory loss, Blurred vision, Altered sexual function, Coordination disorder, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Increased saliva production, Muscle pain, Joint pain
SUBSTITUTES for CLOZE
- RIVOTRIL 0.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 3.02/tabletRs. 30.24pay 4% more per tablet
- LONAZEP 0.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 3.02/tabletRs. 30.24pay 4% more per tablet
- ZAPIZ 0.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.05/tabletRs. 30.50pay 5% more per tablet
- CLONOTRIL 0.5 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.02/tabletRs. 45.36pay 4% more per tablet
- EPITRIL 0.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Novartis India LtdRs. 4.62/tabletRs. 46.20pay 59% more per tablet
Expert advice for CLOZE
Do not drive, operate heavy machinery, or perform activities that require alertness. Report any confusion or inability to control muscle movements to your doctor Clonazepam may be habit forming. Keep the medication in a place where others/ children cannot get to it. Do not take alcohol while you are on this drug. Do not take clonazepam:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to clonazepam or any of the drugs ingredients and other benzodiazepine medicines (e.g. diazepam, flurazepam, temazepam).
- If you have breathing problems or lung disease.
- If your breathing stops when you are asleep (sleep apnea).
- If you have severe liver problems.
- If your muscles become weak and get tired easily (myasthenia gravis).
Do talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- If you have any liver, kidney or lung problems.
- If ever had depression or thoughts of harming or killing yourself.
- If there is any recent death incidence of friend or family.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If there is a current and past use of alcohol or other drugs of abuse.
- If you are shaky and unsteady, have slurred speech or have rapid eye movements (spinal or cerebellar ataxia).
- If you have a rare, inherited blood problem called porphyria.
- If you are taking or have recently taken any medicines without prescription including herbal medicines.
- If you are planned to receive anesthesia for any operation or dental procedure.
- If you have to drive or use machines or tools while taking clonazepam as clonazepam can slow down your reactions.
Precaution must be taken, when receiving treatment with other medications that act on the brain or other drugs used for the treatment of fits (e.g .phenytoin, phenobarbitone etc.).
Frequently asked questions for CLOZE
Q. Is clonazepam stronger than lorazepam?
Clonazepam and lorazepam belong to same category of drugs called benzodiazepines. Clonazepam is used to treat fits (epilepsy or seizures) and sudden, unexpected attacks of extreme fear, and worry about these attacks (panic disorder) with or without the fear of public places (agoraphobia) while lorazepam is used to treat anxiety disorders. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding the use of these drugs.
Q. What is lonazep used for?
Lonazep is a trade name for active drug clonazepam. Clonazepam belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. Clonazepam is used to treat fits (epilepsy or seizures) and sudden, unexpected attacks of extreme fear, and worry about these attacks (panic disorder) with or without the fear of public places (agoraphobia).
Q. Is clonazepam safe?
Clonazepam is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Are clonazepam/ Lonazep addictive?
Lonazep is a trade name for the active drug clonazepam. Prolonged use of clonazepam may develop dependence on this medicine.
Q. Is clonazepam an opiate/benzo/valium?
Valium is a trade name for active drug diazepam which belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines same as clonazepam. Clonazepam and Valium are different from opiates which are used to relieve severe pain such as the bone fracture/ cancer pain.
Q. Is clonazepam a sedative?
Clonazepam have side effects such as drowsiness, tiredness, and dizziness.
Q. Is clonazepam an antidepressant/sleeping pill/can used to treat insomnia and anxiety?
Clonazepam is used to treat fits (epilepsy or seizures) and sudden, unexpected attacks of extreme fear, and worry about these attacks (panic disorder) with or without the fear of public places (agoraphobia). Excessive sleepiness is one of the side-effects of clonazepam, however, it is not used to treat insomnia, nor is it used to treat depression.
Q. How long can I take clonazepam for/ can I take clonazepam forever?
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding dosage and duration of use of clonazepam.
Q. Can I take clonazepam with oxycodone/ melatonin/ Adderall/ Suboxone/ amoxicillin/ trazodone/ Advil/ Valium/ Tylenol/ Prozac?
Clonazepam may interact with oxycodone/ melatonin/ Adderall (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine)/ Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone)/ amoxicillin/trazodone/Advil (ibuprofen)/ Valium (diazepam)/ Tylenol (paracetamol)/ Prozac (fluoxetine). Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
Q. Does clonazepam cause hair loss/tiredness/weight gain/ dementia/drowsy/slow heart rate?
Clonazepam belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines and have some of these side-effects such as hair loss, tiredness, drowsiness. It is not known whether side effects such as weight gain, dementia, and slow heart rate occur; however fluttering or tightness of the chest have been reported.