Medicine Overview of Clindy Gel
Uses of Clindy Gel
Clindy 1% Gel is used in the treatment of acne.
Side effects of Clindy Gel
Vaginal inflammation, Vulvovaginal discomfort.
How to use Clindy Gel
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
How Clindy Gel works
Clindy 1% gel is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Clindy Gel
Expert advice for Clindy Gel
- Discontinue use of topical clindamycin and contact your doctor immediately, if you experience diarrhea or bloody diarrhea.
- Avoid vaginal intercourse or use of other intravaginal products such as tampons or douches while using clindamycin cream.
- Clindamycin cream contains mineral oil that may weaken latex products (condoms and diaphragms) and may not provide adequate birth control. Therefore, do not use these products within 72 hours of using clindamycin cream.
- Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to clindamycin, lincomycin or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have Crohn’s disease (a chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines), antibiotic-associated colitis (colon inflammation).
Special precautions for Clindy 1% Gel
No interaction found
Clindy 1% Gel is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Clindy 1% Gel is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area....
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area.
Clindy 1% Gel does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Clindy+more
1% Gel in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Clindamycin Topical, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Clindy 1% Gel
Frequently asked questions for Clindamycin Topical
Q. Can I use clindamycin with a penicillin allergy?
Clindamycin is considered safe for use in patients with a penicillin allergy
Q. Does clindamycin treat acne scars?
Clindamycin can prevent the formation of new scars by preventing formation of new acne, but will not be useful for the scars already formed
Q. Can clindamycin cream cause thrush?
Yes. Use of clindamycin cream may cause thrush (a type of fungal or yeast infection) in rare cases.
Substitutes for Clindy Gel
Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹4.29/gm of Gel
Clinzit 1% Gel
Mercury Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹4.5/gm of Gel
Canixa Life Sciences Pvt
₹5.25/gm of Gel
Erytop 1% Gel
₹6.05/gm of Gel
Ctop 1% Gel
Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹1.0/gm of Gel